PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic transductor mount

TNtransplant08
12-27-2013, 06:23 PM
I bought a Lowrance Elite 5 combo online for $319 and will be the first one I've ever purchased. So I will have a big learning curve ahead of me, but I'm looking forward to it!

Anyways, I'm just exploring ways I want to mount the transductor to my boat. As of now I'm leaning towards just mounting it on my transom mount trolling motor. The only thing that concerns me with that is that I often move the shaft of the motor when I load/unload my boat, so it doesn't drag the bottom. So I'd have to make sure I put the shaft back in the same place so that the face of the transductor is facing the right angle.

I'm not fond of the idea of drilling holes in the boat. While doing some looking around, I came across this product.

http://www.fishfindermounts.com/#

Have any of you used this on your jon boats or similar crafts or what is your opinion on it? I like the idea of being able to move the transductor around if needed.

Hammy
12-28-2013, 10:22 AM
That is a cool , portable FF mount, especially for an aluminum jon boat. I like the whole kit. Best part is the TD magnetic mount.

Hammy

bfish
12-28-2013, 11:54 AM
I am not understand why you are not mounting the transducer to the bottom of the foot with hose clamps, like most people do. Bow mount or transom mount, it doesn't matter. The shaft moves but the mount is on the foot.

Or just mount (screw) to a piece of starboard (or cutting board) that is glued near the bottom of the transom.