PDA

View Full Version : Water Shoes

goreds.king
12-26-2013, 10:13 PM
I got some New Balance water shoes for Christmas. I have never owned a pair which leads me to my question. Should they fit like a normal shoe or should they fit a little tight? The pair I got are a snug so I'm trying to decide if I need to exchange them form a bigger size. I will be using them to fish out of my kayak.

Hammy
12-27-2013, 12:14 AM
I got some New Balance water shoes for Christmas. I have never owned a pair which leads me to my question. Should they fit like a normal shoe or should they fit a little tight? The pair I got are a snug so I'm trying to decide if I need to exchange them form a bigger size. I will be using them to fish out of my kayak.

I dont have that particle pair / type, but mine fit like normal tennis shoes, snug but not overly tight. I really like them for warm weather fishing. I've never used them for kayaking but in my jon boat. Great traction on wet surfaces. Hope that helps.

Hammy

txnative
12-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Like Hammy said, they should fit like a regular pair of sneakers. I own a pair of Columbia DrainMaker Cool's and use them while kayaking year-round. I wear neoprene socks under them in cold weather, but otherwise I go sans socks in the kayak.

Chris Bryant

Reel Tune
12-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Just depends. I have two pair of shoes I use in water. One pair is my summer wading shoes and they are a 1/2 size smaller than my normal shoes that I wear socks with. It's all in what you think is comfortable.