PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird 859ci HD Combo reviews?

XxthejuicexX
12-19-2013, 08:57 PM
So, I love the lowrance elite 7 but I am pretty sure they are not going on sale at tacklewarehouse.com so I am looking at the humminbird 859ci HD Combo. Anyone have any experiene with these units? I am just wondering if it's worth saving the 100 dollars or spending it and getting what I really want.

tkwalker
12-20-2013, 12:09 AM
So, I love the lowrance elite 7 but I am pretty sure they are not going on sale at tacklewarehouse.com so I am looking at the humminbird 859ci HD Combo. Anyone have any experiene with these units? I am just wondering if it's worth saving the 100 dollars or spending it and getting what I really want.

My experience is get what your heart wants ... If not , you will always find something wrong with the alternative purchase ... But for me the $100 difference is good customer satisfaction from the bird .. instead of a run around from Lowrance ... Just my past experience from these folks ... <'TK>< :eek:

goreds.king
12-20-2013, 09:36 AM
I’m with TK. Over the years I’ve bought a lot of gear that isn’t necessarily what I want, but it was a deal. I ended up selling it to get what I wanted in the first place.

With that, I recently bought the Hummingbird 346c DSI and I have no complaints so far.

XxthejuicexX
12-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I think i am going to just bite the bullet and spend the extra money on the Elite 7 HDI. I have a h-bird now and I have not been all that happy with it. I was hoping that TW.com would put them on sale but I have found out that they are not so it's going to be 699.00 for the unit unlike the 527.00 I was hopping for.

TNtransplant08
12-20-2013, 11:09 AM
You may want to swing by BPS. I was there this morning and some of the lowrance products were on sale. I think the Elite 7 could be one of them, but I'm not sure. I only walked by and glanced.

agelesssone
12-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Lowrance support is really bad! Plus you really should get the side imaging that comes on a HB. You will see things 50 yards on either side of the boat that you'd otherwise never have a clue that it was there. Things such as brushpiles, trees, sunken structure, bait balls, etc.

XxthejuicexX
12-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Yeah I know the side imaging with the H bird is nice but I do not really have the 1K to spend. I found an elite 7 for 489.00 so I think I am going to go with that.