PDA

View Full Version : New TRWA app

jimj3561
11-22-2013, 02:47 PM
So far it works good - just released. Fish ID, license renewal ect - fishing hunting boating and watchable wildlife - even squirrel recipes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/twra-on-the-go/id757097014?mt=8

jad2t
11-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Not available for Android. Huge fail on TWRA.

jimj3561
11-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Not available for Android. Huge fail on TWRA.

Apparently will be very soon...

XxthejuicexX
11-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Not really a fail, they just understand a better OS and APP store.…… maybe you guys should try a real IOS. Love ya!

tkwalker
11-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Okay, I guess ... My phone just goes .. "RING, RING"... I say Hello ... No Texting, twittering or squeaking .... And no one wants to see my ugly mug on "FACEBOOK" !! :eek: <'TK>< :):)

XxthejuicexX
11-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Okay, I guess ... My phone just goes .. "RING, RING"... I say Hello ... No Texting, twittering or squeaking .... And no one wants to see my ugly mug on "FACEBOOK" !! :eek: <'TK>< :):)

Behind the times…….. Just kidding my phone rings, text and twitter. I do not do social media other than twitter, and that twitter is still limited to me unlike facebook.

SAMBOLIE
11-23-2013, 12:40 AM

Good to find another mature phone user.:)

Hammy
11-23-2013, 08:48 AM
My phone just goes ring, I do text but I dont want /need data on my phone. I do use a tablet with wifi for my business connection when needed.

Be nice if TWRA had that app for android.

Hammy

blink
11-23-2013, 10:23 AM
i wish you could pull up your current license on the app and not just purchase new.

jimj3561
11-23-2013, 02:40 PM
i wish you could pull up your current license on the app and not just purchase new.

That would be good...I like that idea

Tnriverluver
11-23-2013, 03:36 PM
That would be good...I like that idea

I think they now will accept a photo of your license instead of having to have the paper license on hand. I do know for sure many states are doing this and think Tn is one of them.

MNfisher
11-23-2013, 03:52 PM
I think they now will accept a photo of your license instead of having to have the paper license on hand. I do know for sure many states are doing this and think Tn is one of them.

I have been checked 3 times since march and every time I just show them a photo of my license on my phone. They haven't said a thing. One less thing to have in your wallet!

Tnriverluver
11-23-2013, 10:11 PM
I have been checked 3 times since march and every time I just show them a photo of my license on my phone. They haven't said a thing. One less thing to have in your wallet!

I have not seen a warden or been checked in 30 years and I often fish agency lakes!

MNfisher
11-24-2013, 05:52 AM
I have not seen a warden or been checked in 30 years and I often fish agency lakes!

Haha, I have only lived in TN for 2 1/2 years. Been checked about 10 times, mostly bank fishing below dams. Once on the Cumberland in a boat and several times on the Caney in my kayak.

XxthejuicexX
11-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Im with you tnRiver. I have been on the on water for at least 20 years and I think I can count on one hand how many times I have been checked. When I went out last weekend the warden was at the stewarts creek boat ramp inhis boat checking everyone bank fishing, I put in fished the area for about 30 minutes and he never even came over to check me for anything.

MNfisher
11-24-2013, 03:41 PM
I think I get checked a lot because 90% of my fishing is done below dams with the crowds.

jimj3561
11-24-2013, 04:36 PM
I think I get checked a lot because 90% of my fishing is done below dams with the crowds.

I think it's that hard*** look you have!

Alphahawk
11-24-2013, 05:02 PM

Bingo you win...LOL. When you fish tailrace's a lot from the bank you will get checked a lot....and then they get to know you and walk on by you....my experiences anyway.

Regards

Tnriverluver
11-24-2013, 09:31 PM
It concerns me that I haven't been checked and makes me wonder how many people are sitting on the bank of these state agency lakes without a license or permit. I am pretty certain many of the ones I see don't even know you need one. In all the years I fished below Pickwick Dam from both the bank and boat I never saw a TWRA, Coast Guard, TVA, or any other type of enforcement agency working there. TVA police did patrol the campground but that was about it. I do know there are no TVA police there anymore as they were disbanded at Pickwick.

MNfisher
11-24-2013, 10:05 PM
I think it's that hard*** look you have!

Lol, the big guy with shaggy hair and a red beard?

blink
11-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Mike that is a good idea taking a photo of the license. I just did that myself.

When i fished trout waters in GA i got checked a lot. DNR was serious about checking people there.

I saw a guy get a $1000 fine for not having a trout stamp and having a limit of fish. $125 per fish.

I have yet to be checked here.

Catch & Release
11-26-2013, 06:03 PM
The TWRA app is now available for andriod.

agelesssone
11-26-2013, 09:35 PM
I've been taking photos of my licenses, trout license TWRA lake licenses ever since I got to TN. I have forgotten my fishing licenses on my dresser but I always have my phone. I also usually make copies of my licenses and keep one in each vehicle as well as one in with my boat papers.

I was checked four times last year. Three on JPP and once on Dale Hollow.

Plus creel checked about six times.

And this is ON the lakes as I have not fished FROM the bank except at the stairs below OH dam.

Hammy
11-26-2013, 11:01 PM

Do you have the link to the app? I tried to find it on Google play and it didnt show up.

Hammy

jad2t
11-27-2013, 12:02 AM

Finally! Just downloaded it, looks like I'll be playing around with this for a bit

Hammy
11-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Are you using apple or android ? I can not find the Android version.

Hammy

Hammy
11-27-2013, 08:22 AM
www.1clickoutdoors.com contracted with the TWRA on Jan 14th, 2013 to develop the apps. They are just now coming on line. Andriod does not seem to be up yet.

Hammy

Catch & Release
11-27-2013, 08:43 AM
I downloaded it last night for Android from google play.
I searched TWRA and it was the first option.

SAMBOLIE
11-27-2013, 08:44 AM
www.1clickoutdoors.com (http://www.1clickoutdoors.com) contracted with the TWRA on Jan 14th, 2013 to develop the apps. They are just now coming on line. Andriod does not seem to be up yet.

Hammy

Perhaps the Obamacare programmers are also working on the Android app.

Hammy
11-27-2013, 09:04 AM
I downloaded it last night for Android from google play.
I searched TWRA and it was the first option.

Please post the link you found for the Android.

Hammy

TNtransplant08
11-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Please post the link you found for the Android.

Hammy

Hammy, did you try putting "TWRA" in the search function in the Google Play Store? I did the same thing as Catch & Release did, and it was the first option as he said. Just downloaded it myself.

See if this works for you:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twra

I played around with it a little bit. It looks like there are bugs that need to be worked out. The fish id guide did not work for me. It just had a blank screen. Once all the kinks are worked out, I think it will be a useful app.

TNtransplant08
11-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Well the Fish ID portion of the apps now and I was browsing through it. I am surprise to see that the TWRA stocks Lake Trout in South Holston and Watauga reservoirs. As far as I knew, Dale Hollow was the only lake stocked with Lake Trout at one time and now no longer exists there. I'm learning something new already. However, I'm disappointed that the fish ID guide does not have a physical description of the fish to tell it apart from other similar species. The pictures of the fish are so small. Kind of defeats the purpose of a "FISH ID" guide.