PDA

View Full Version : OHL Milfoil

Jdkxtreme
11-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Got this from Craig's List. This does not help fishing at all..

live on lake???? (Hendersonville) If you live on the lake and are tired of looking at the milfoil taking over your view or getting caught in your prop call me .I will come out give you a estimate on pulling and disposing of it 6158791619 thank you call or text

XxthejuicexX
11-12-2013, 06:51 PM
where is milfoil at on OHL

txnative
11-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Milfoil should totally be eradicated !!! I mean, look how badly it's affected the fishing at Chickamauga and Guntersville.

Chris Bryant

Jdkxtreme
11-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Maybe this guy is taking it to Chickamauga and Guntersville

XxthejuicexX
11-14-2013, 05:09 PM
I second TXnative. Those two fisheries are horrible and nothing but a waist of time. I hope they get this situation under control fast. While they are at it they could make sure no grass ever makes it to Priest, that would be a shame if it did...... on an unrelated note is it illegal to transport certain grasses from one lake to another..... just asking for a friend.

txnative
11-14-2013, 05:15 PM
... on an unrelated note is it illegal to transport certain grasses from one lake to another..... just asking for a friend.

Only if your friend gets caught

Chris Bryant

XxthejuicexX
11-14-2013, 05:28 PM
I can't imagine how much of a pain in the butt it would be to pull milfoil up from the lake. Where is this grass at on OHL? It's a shame it's illegal to transport grass from lake to lake priest would be more fun with Grass. And Yes for anyone fish and game reading my friend was joking about bringing grass from one lake to another.

Pookie
11-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Milfoil should totally be eradicated !!! I mean, look how badly it's affected the fishing at Chickamauga and Guntersville.

Chris Bryant

I disagree.

Guntersville Lake Milfoil is what makes it so productive, you just have to learn how to fish it. Everything in the lake lives in that Milfoil. Baitfish to Lunkers. Fishing a frog across the top of the Milfoil has always been productive for me.

Hammy
11-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Interesting article on Milfoil

https://www.google.com/search?q=Milfoil+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

creekcrappie
11-14-2013, 10:46 PM
I can't imagine how much of a pain in the butt it would be to pull milfoil up from the lake. Where is this grass at on OHL? It's a shame it's illegal to transport grass from lake to lake priest would be more fun with Grass. And Yes for anyone fish and game reading my friend was joking about bringing grass from one lake to another.

I agree. Who doesn't love throwing a frog?

XxthejuicexX
11-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Pookie, TXNATIVE was joking! Gville and chickamauga are amazing fisheries. I spend enough time and money on Gville to know.

agelesssone
11-15-2013, 02:32 AM
Grass and/or milfoil would only ruin the already fantastic fishery that is OH Lake. Just look at Chickamauga. That fishery has declined to the point to where it only takes 44 lbs. A DAY to win the tournament.
Old Hickory just had a tourney where it took 48 lbs. to win a FOUR DAY tournament! Why would we want milfoil to spoil such a fantstic fishery like we already have?

Pookie
11-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Pookie, TXNATIVE was joking! Gville and chickamauga are amazing fisheries. I spend enough time and money on Gville to know.

I'm not so sure anyone understands the humor.

XxthejuicexX
11-15-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm not so sure anyone understands the humor.

Yeah, I am confused on who is serious and who is joking..... but confusing me does not take much some time. With all this grass talk, someone talk me into driving to Gville tomorrow to fish. It looks like they are catching some good stringers down there at the moment.

Travis C.
11-15-2013, 10:50 AM
on an unrelated note is it illegal to transport certain grasses from one lake to another..... just asking for a friend.

I am not sure how well it will help or how much it will hurt the fisheries but I do know the TBI is highly against the transport. :D

txnative
11-15-2013, 11:07 AM
I am not sure how well it will help or how much it will hurt the fisheries but I do know the TBI is highly against the transport. :D

Wrong type of "grass," bud.

Based on previous posts in this thread, being literal and explaining all remarks may be advisable to avoid confusion about the author's intent...apparently sarcasm is a foreign concept. That bugs me, since I am very fluent in sarcasm and prefer to joke around, but, alas, my jovial nature has caused confusion, so I will no longer jest about any fishing related topics :(

Chris Bryant

XxthejuicexX
11-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Wrong type of "grass," bud.

Based on previous posts in this thread, being literal and explaining all remarks may be advisable to avoid confusion about the author's intent...apparently sarcasm is a foreign concept. That bugs me, since I am very fluent in sarcasm and prefer to joke around, but, alas, my jovial nature has caused confusion, so I will no longer jest about any fishing related topics :(

Chris Bryant

Yeah, don't go jesting around without warning all of us! I consider myself to be fluent in sarcasm. Should I drive two hours away to fish all day with a wife that is pregnant and due in two weeks? The fisherman in me says yes but the "I don't want to get yelled at" part of me says no.

sbrison
11-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Grass and/or milfoil would only ruin the already fantastic fishery that is OH Lake. Just look at Chickamauga. That fishery has declined to the point to where it only takes 44 lbs. A DAY to win the tournament.
Old Hickory just had a tourney where it took 48 lbs. to win a FOUR DAY tournament! Why would we want milfoil to spoil such a fantstic fishery like we already have?

I am sure that the agelessone was not joking at all with that comment so I am taking it very seriously :)
My sarcasameese must be pretty good as this post made my day. We need a punctuation mark for sarcasm, we can call it the "sarc mark"

sbrison
11-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Yeah, don't go jesting around without warning all of us! I consider myself to be fluent in sarcasm. Should I drive two hours away to fish all day with a wife that is pregnant and due in two weeks? The fisherman in me says yes but the "I don't want to get yelled at" part of me says no.

Juice, no sarcasm here at all... I don't care HOW GOOD the fishing is, you will never hear the end of it if you make that drive. Been there done that. lol ... or were you being sarcastic when you asked that question... another reason we need the sarc mark.

jaycee
11-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Txnative, were u being sarcastic when you said no more sarcasm? Please make yourself clear. Now I am also confused. Whatever....

Pookie
11-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Here's the original post:
Got this from Craig's List. This does not help fishing at all..

live on lake???? (Hendersonville) If you live on the lake and are tired of looking at the milfoil taking over your view or getting caught in your prop call me .I will come out give you a estimate on pulling and disposing of it 6158791619 thank you call or text

How about we start this thread over from right here--->