PDA

View Full Version : Crappie magnet kits

XxthejuicexX
11-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Guy's I am going to order a kit or piece one together for my grandfather for christmas and wanted to get input on best color selections and anything else that I might need to know. Any help would be appreciated.

CRobinson1985
11-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I have not had any luck with the Crappie Magnets as much as I have trout magnets. Bass Pro and academy both sell different size kits of each with various colors and ez floats. Another option would be the trout magnet website.

For a gift I would suggest one of the larger variety kits that way he gets a little bit of everything.

XxthejuicexX
11-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah I know they have the large kits but I know some of the colors all you guys talk about are not mixed in with them. Do all you guys use the trout Magnets or crappie magnets?

jad2t
11-11-2013, 12:28 PM
From my experience...

Bison, mealworm, white, and pink have been the most productive for TM

Chartreuse, pearl, and bison have been the most productive for CM

MNfisher
11-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I have had much more luck on the TM's. I haven't had a ton of luck with CM's yet, accept a few days on trout and a few days on white bass. Killer Klatt and pearl white have been my producers in crappie mags.

Alphahawk
11-11-2013, 11:31 PM
I use them both. In Crappie Magnet...IMHO...one needs Killer Klatt.....Bison.....Midnight Blue....Salt and Pepper....Percy and Pearl. These are really good colors. I have not been able to fish for crappie during the months of December through February the past two years because of surgery....and thus no posts from me during those times. The Lord willing I will be hitting Pickwick very soon and when you read my posts from there more than likely the lure of choice will be a Midnight Blue and Pearl Crappie Magnet and maybe some Killer Klatt. Midnight Blue works well on JPP also. You will want to get the Double Cross Jig Heads also. It is a great lead head for the Crappie Magnet and the hook on it bites. Hope this has helped.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
11-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Thank you Alpha that is what I was looking for. I will order some of those colors for my grandfather. He fishes priest and Center hill.