PDA

View Full Version : Finished hunting, back to fishing!

aero320
11-11-2013, 11:33 AM
A couple of months ago, I was trying to decide whether to hunt this fall or stick with fishing. After much deliberation, I decided to hunt because of the exercise. I started with squirrel season with a .22. Had a great time and killed several squirrels although I probably missed as many as I hit. Brought the squirrels home and cleaned and ate them.

I also used squirrel hunting for scouting for deer. The first afternoon of archery season, I was able to harvest a big tom turkey from my tree stand using a crossbow. Had great luck with deer and have a freezer full of venison. Muzzle loader season started last Saturday (which ends my archery hunting until next year since I hunt public land).

Got the boat out on Woods Saturday afternoon and struggled for crappie. They have moved from where I caught them before hunting. I did locate a school of very large white bass and tore them up slow trolling jigs. It is good to get out on the lake!

white95v6
11-11-2013, 01:50 PM
sounds like you have been doing great in the woods and on the water congrats.

MNfisher
11-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Sounds awesome! I plan to put a deer in the freezer tonight :D

SAMBOLIE
11-11-2013, 08:30 PM
;)Spotlighting in TN is illegal.

MNfisher
11-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Passed on a spike tonight, got 2 different 130" class 8 pointers hitting a scrape consistently! I picked up a new archery spot and its EPIC! Had the camera out for 2 days, 4 different bucks, 2 are shooters! Tons of does! Stay tuned!