PDA

View Full Version : Looking to join a small hunt club in MidTn if anyone has any leads .

Lester
10-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Looking to join a small hunt club.

I've found a potential lease. I would need two more people. It's in Hickman Co. Anyone interested?

Saltwaterwalt
11-01-2013, 07:00 PM
I might be interested, depending on the size of property and cost. Near Centerville?

Lester
11-03-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm still trying to get info on the property.

MNfisher
11-03-2013, 11:21 AM
I am also interested. Keep us updated.

Reel Tune
11-04-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm interested also. I wouldn't mind going in on a lease with the right sportsmen/women. It would only be me and my wife, interested in deer (bow only) coyote (rifle/maybe bow) turkey (bow/maybe shotgun), squirrel (rifle).

Lester
11-06-2013, 02:34 PM
This has fallen through.. I continue my hunt for a lease. I'll post again if another opportunity arises.

~Lester

XxthejuicexX
11-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Where are you looking into leases at? I might be interested depending on location and money.

Reel Tune
11-06-2013, 03:28 PM
I'd be interested in anything within 1.5hrs of Nashville, not really interested in davidson County though. Something with a cabin I would be willing to go 3 - 3.5hrs. Wilson, Smith, Trousdale, Rutherford, Bedford, Cannon, Dekalb, Robinson, Sumner. Looking for a mixture of pasture, and woodlands, some valleys, must have water on it, allow the use of ATV's (not recreational, only to retrieve game), be a minimum of 40 acres per person.

Pinwheeled
11-06-2013, 07:34 PM
I'd be interested in anything within 1.5hrs of Nashville, not really interested in davidson County though. Something with a cabin I would be willing to go 3 - 3.5hrs. Wilson, Smith, Trousdale, Rutherford, Bedford, Cannon, Dekalb, Robinson, Sumner. Looking for a mixture of pasture, and woodlands, some valleys, must have water on it, allow the use of ATV's (not recreational, only to retrieve game), be a minimum of 40 acres per person.

I would also be interested in this sort of setup. I bowhunt 95% of the time. The rest is with a muzzleloader.

Saltwaterwalt
12-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Well, looks like we're half way through deer season and still no lease. :(

Keep looking guys...I'd still like to get on one close to Nashville. I'd really like one in Wilson County as a few hunters have recently shown me some really nice bucks they've taken! I'm a bowhunter first, but not against using a firearm as back up in the later season. So a bowhunting only lease would still interest me, especially since you can get by on less acres with the same amount of people and not run each other over.

Reel Tune
12-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I'll be looking for the 2014 season definately.

hotwielen65
12-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Just another option, my son and I started hunting corp flood land (WMA) late last season at the recommendation of a freind, most of the land you have to access by boat but we have seen more quality buck this year and it is not uncommon to see 20 plus deer a day. You can find more information by looking up hunting Water Managment Areas on the TWRA site. Down side is you have to make sure you are on WMA land and not private property.
One area we hunted this Bow season, the land owner was feeding his cattle and saw me walking, he made a beeline to me and I thought this is not going to be good, at first it wasn't, but after talking a little he wound up giving me a written permission to hunt his 300 plus acres. :D I think most land owners, not all, are OK with hunters as long as you respect their land and don't act like it is your right to hunt their property. I have had unequivical NO's asking permission to hunt their property until I asked "how about bow hunt only", and then got a OK. Some people have issues with guns and in their mind visualize bullets bouncing off their barns. One land owner we hunted years ago didn't want us hunting with guns because he didn't think it was fair to the deer......

Good luck,
Ray