PDA

View Full Version : Last trip of the year

Reel Tune
10-24-2013, 08:09 AM
We'll guys I'm going to be gone for a week and a half, so I won't be doing any moderation. I'm headed to Florida via Alabama. Stopping in Alabama for a two day tournament, then off to Florida to fish for largemouth. As many fishing trips as I've taken to Florida, and lived there for 4.5 years 2004-2009 I never bass fished there. This weather has thrown a wrench in the trip, but it was already planned so I'll make the best of it. See you all in a week or so with hopefully a good trip write-up.

Travis C.
10-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Where all are you fishing in FL?

Hope you have a good trip and be safe.

Westwindmike
10-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Have a good trip Jeremy and send back lots of pics!

MNfisher
10-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Good luck bro!! Stay safe and get that ten pounder!!

Reel Tune
10-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Was planning on Lake Jackson and Talquin, but thinking about heading further south to Ocala, or Dunnellon. I have no plans for this trip other than a tournament on the Coosa river in Wetumpka, AL. I'm going solo for most of it, Sarah is flying down late in the trip. That's what you get when you're in upper management. I've got the Outback packed, a couple kayaks on the trailer, 8-10 rod and reel combos, lures for about anything I want to do, a tent, and sleeping bag. No real plans, just hit the road and fish, the way it should be.

Travis C.
10-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Are you then heading down through Dothan/Donalsonville?

If you had time or were interested, head south from Donalsonville on 374 then keep following 374 towards lake Seminole. The first crossing of it is Ray's Lake on Seminole. Great spot to fish. If there has been some rain and the water has some current the little bridge in the connecting canal that 374 is on can stack some pigs around the pillars.

I'll attach a pic of one that we did get in... several broke us off using pumpkin lizards weightless. Ended up with best five that day just over 25 pounds.

Alphahawk
10-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Good fishing.....safe travels.

Regards

Reel Tune
10-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Good one Travis, we'll see what happens.

Reel Tune
10-28-2013, 07:35 PM
I've got 800 miles under my belt now and have set up camp in the Ocala National Forest. I fished a tournament in Wetumpka, Al on the Coosa River Saturday and Sunday. What a beautiful river and monster spots. Looking for that largemouth now, but don't know where to start there is so much water.

Jim
10-28-2013, 08:41 PM
We would slow troll 4 inch sunfish or tilapia when searching for fish when I lived in Florida. It was a great way to find areas where they were concentrated and also caught a bunch of big fish.

There is so much good looking water that you need some method to cover water efficiently. This also works great in coastal waters, but use bigger baits.

Good luck, I wish I was fishing in Florida

Jim

Jim
10-28-2013, 08:43 PM
We would slow troll 4 inch sunfish or tilapia when searching for fish when I lived in Florida. It was a great way to find areas where they were concentrated and also caught a bunch of big fish.

There is so much good looking water that you need some method to cover water efficiently. This also works great in coastal waters, but use bigger baits.

Good luck, I wish I was fishing in Florida

Jim

Sorry if this post is out of order, I got a new cell phone and am learning a new system