PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Rod

Jdkxtreme
10-22-2013, 07:58 AM
I am in the market for a Pitching Rod and Reel set up. I want to learn to pitch a jig better and have something dedicated for it. Any suggestions? I don't really have a budget in mind just yet. I do not want the bottom of the line nor do I want the most expensive one out there either.
Thank you

Mr.Duk
10-22-2013, 08:57 PM
I use a Powell Diesel, have caught a bunch of fish with it. Decent price range.

Reel Tune
10-22-2013, 11:19 PM
7'3" to 8' rod in heavy action, high speed reel (7.1:1) with at least 12lbs of drag. I really don't have any prefrences on brands. I have picked up 4 rods recently from a local rod manufacturer called All Pro and I'm really liking them and they don't brake the bank either. They are lightweight and have a good backbone and great action. I've also been using some Shimano Cumaras that are nice, but a little more pricey. I've found it best to set a budget and then start shopping.

XxthejuicexX
10-23-2013, 09:01 AM
7'3" to 8' rod in heavy action, high speed reel (7.1:1) with at least 12lbs of drag. I really don't have any prefrences on brands. I have picked up 4 rods recently from a local rod manufacturer called All Pro and I'm really liking them and they don't brake the bank either. They are lightweight and have a good backbone and great action. I've also been using some Shimano Cumaras that are nice, but a little more pricey. I've found it best to set a budget and then start shopping.

^ this guy has rods for sale and I think one of his Shimanos would work for you. I have one of his old rods, it was in great shape and won me some money two weeks ago in my Tournament and before you ask, no I am not sharing my winnings with you because it was your old rod :)

creeksmallie
10-23-2013, 07:34 PM
All Pro!!!!!! Warranty and design as good as it gets! Mboro Outdoors, Hook 1 go check them out. 10 plus years I have used them. With Chad Hoover,Bill Merrick and Terry Russell running the show, it will become the best American Made Rod around again. Been a few rough years but back and growing!!!!!
Mike Dial

Reel Tune
10-24-2013, 07:49 AM
^ this guy has rods for sale and I think one of his Shimanos would work for you. I have one of his old rods, it was in great shape and won me some money two weeks ago in my Tournament and before you ask, no I am not sharing my winnings with you because it was your old rod :)

Thanks for the mention. I was hoping you would share your winnings:). I tend not to keep things very long before I try something else, that's why most of my gear is in pretty good shape. If there's something out there I'm interested in (fishing gear related) I usually buy it, and sometimes it's overlap of what I already have or just find myself not using it.

Buccaneer
10-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Head to Academy and pick up these. I'll promise you you won't be dissapointed and you not have to eat hamburger helper for a month afterwards.
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/wright-mcgill-skeet-reese-micro-honeycomb-pitchin-stick-7-6-freshwater-casting-rod/pid-124787?color=Yellow&N=4294939953+101394130
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/lew-s-tournament-laser-mg-speed-spool-baitcast-reel-right-handed/pid-903544?N=274871093

XxthejuicexX
10-25-2013, 02:23 PM
The Skeet Reese rods are very nice for the price. I have the cranking rod from that line and love it.