PDA

View Full Version : Todd's lake in Murfreesboro

XxthejuicexX
10-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Afternoon,

For any of you guys in or around Murfreesboro ever fish Todd's lake? I have access to fish it and think I am going to hit it up Saturday with my dad. It's a private lake and I know it has fish so I can only imagine what wonders are swimming around in it.

sqlightning
10-15-2013, 08:38 PM
is this the lake on rutherford blvd directly across from mtsu?

Westwindmike
10-15-2013, 10:49 PM
No, Todds Lake is on Rutherford and South of Bradyville Hwy. Next to the school. They tried to drain it several years ago. They breached the dam and it went down some, but is still there. It's surrounded by homes now.

XxthejuicexX
10-16-2013, 08:08 AM
I did not know they tried to drain it. I fished it probably 15 years ago and caught fish so I am hoping they are still in the lake. I know they used to ski in it so I am sure it's pretty deep in some areas. I have always wanted to put my kayak in off rutherford by blackfox and fish the swampy looking area, looks like it would hold some big bass and maybe a few large snakes.

Westwindmike
10-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Juice, it does look both "fishy and snakey" to me too. If someone would just ask, I bet one of the neighbors would let you drag a kayak through their yard to the water.

XxthejuicexX
10-16-2013, 07:14 PM
My dad hauled a motorcycle for a guy that broke down a couple weeks ago and he lives on the lake so thats how we are getting to fish it now. I am going to fish the main lake and see how that goes and then maybe move to the swampy area later. I think i could drag my john boat over the dam and get to the swamp stuff. It looks like the weather will cooperate this saturday so I plan on fishing it. If for some reason it falls though Im hitting up priest.

jaycee
10-16-2013, 08:04 PM
There was a property dispute so owner breached the dam. Did not drain all the way. TWRA list the area off Rutherford Blvd as bank fishing access. I have friends that in the day caught fish. Have no reports lately.

creeksmallie
10-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Fished it 3 times this spring. Powerlines is all I can say for the Gills and crackers.Good Bass all over. Property owner on right near power lines is a Donkey's Behind. Not going back because fishing should be relaxing without people yelling at you. Now it has some good fish but if the guy that yelled at me is the Manager it will not be worth a darn in a few years.
Can do better in many other places in my canoe and yak. Have fun and good luck the guy probably will not get out of his house this week it will be to cold. LOL

XxthejuicexX
10-21-2013, 08:38 AM
We did not get to go to todd's lake. My dad knows the guy to the left of the power lines and he is the one that gave us permission to fish it but he was not home and I did not want to have to go on his property without him being home. We tried to put in where the power lines are but it was to overgrown, I could get kayak in but not the john boat. I plan on going back to try and get in to fish. Who all was yelling at you and for what? I know it's private but how do they know if you have permission on not to fish it.

creeksmallie
10-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Some guy on the right bank looking down stream on a dock. He was a good 100 yards away and was a jerk Must have yelled for 10 minutes. No big deal. The swamp is good from a canoe or yak but very shallow. Have caught some decent bass but tough to fish with all vegitation and it gets thick by June.

SAMBOLIE
10-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Some guy on the right bank looking down stream on a dock. He was a good 100 yards away and was a jerk Must have yelled for 10 minutes. No big deal. The swamp is good from a canoe or yak but very shallow. Have caught some decent bass but tough to fish with all vegitation and it gets thick by June.

Maybe he was yelling to watch the snakes and you did not hear him.:)

XxthejuicexX
10-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah, maybe you just miss heard him. Maybe he was saying throw the frog, and you heard stay out of my yard. Or watch out for the snake and you heard get out of my lake. When was the last time you had your hearing checked?