PDA

View Full Version : Schooling bait fish

Travis C.
09-23-2013, 08:41 AM
In the spirit of the coming or already arrived fish in the jumps depending on where your fishing, here is a clip of some Giant Trevally attacking baitfish that are schooled up.

Enjoy... and be sure to have sound. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r4mA6WsFJQE

Jim
09-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Awesome! Reminds me of my younger days fishing for "mamulan" the huge giant trevally off Guam and throughout Micronesia and "ulua" (same fish) off Hawaii. Great fun and nearly impossible to land shore casting. I remember the ones that got away more than the ones I caught. I did get some huge blisters on my thumb trying to slow them down on my heavy casting reels.

Thanks for posting that video!

Alphahawk
09-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Awesome! Reminds me of my younger days fishing for "mamulan" the huge giant trevally off Guam and throughout Micronesia and "ulua" (same fish) off Hawaii. Great fun and nearly impossible to land shore casting. I remember the ones that got away more than the ones I caught. I did get some huge blisters on my thumb trying to slow them down on my heavy casting reels.

Thanks for posting that video!

Yep great video.We had same experience when I lived in Saudi. You have more memories of the GT's that got away than the ones you got in....LOL. You couldn't turn those things. Got spooled many a time using 80# test Ande line....all we had over there for long time.

Regards