PDA

View Full Version : Fall creek JPP

eaglestrike09
09-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Put my Kayak in at Fall Creek this morning for a couple of hours, caught three on the Spinner bait including a three pounder and two on the baby brush hog texas rigged!! The spinnerbait fish were caught in shallow water over big rocks on the shady bank! The baby brush hog fish were caught on the sunny bank where the channel meets the bank! I also meet a friend of TK's at the ramp, He just got a old motor from TK for doing some work for him! Sorry I did not get his name.

Fishbus
09-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Nice fish.

Were you fishing there the weekend before last? I was out with my 2 sons on 3 red kayaks...

Billy

jimj3561
09-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Strange story - I was out at Fall Creek rec area two weekends ago scouting it out...I've never put in there before. As I was pulling into the parking lot, which was empty except for a family - mom, dad, grandmother, and a few older kids that may have been Vietnamese or similiar. As I saw them and they me - I saw them set something down on the ground two of them were carrying. As I got closer i realized it was a goat! The legs were bound and the goat just stared at me with a look of 'please help me!' I pulled into the other side of the lot with ramp. A few mins later I looked were they were and their mini van was still there but the family and goat had taken off into the woods...A few mins later I heard a Bleeting goat sound...I guess its their version of a summer BBQ?

But now that I see your pic of the fish - I'll def be back with the canoe and check it out - nice fish!

Alphahawk
09-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Nice looking fish.....good job.

Regards

MNfisher
09-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Nice fish!

That is one crazy story! Sacrificing goats??

jad2t
09-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Catching larger bass on spinnerbaits huh? Is the Fall pattern starting? Nice fish, can't wait to get out on Priest again.

creekcrappie
09-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Wow those are some nice fish

eaglestrike09
09-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks guys!! No I did not see the three red yaks. I normally do not fish
on Sat or Sun until late fall and winter, when there is less traffic. I work at night so I fish every morning Mon-Fri. And in the afternoon during winter. My days off are Thur and Fri!

Alphahawk
09-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Having spent 21 years in Saudi that sounds like an Arab goat grab to me. Sounds like that goat was faced to Mecca and the throat cut.

Regards

jimj3561
09-17-2013, 08:31 AM
The ramp at Fall Creek is one of the most remote that I've been too...has anyone had any problems with break-ins at that ramp?