PDA

View Full Version : Prop question

JandSCattleCo
09-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Well last night I took the wife on her first jug fishing trip. With priest at the level it is, and coming out of fate sanders after dark, I was too close to the finger that comes from next to the ramp. Depth alarm went off I shut the motor down but not fast enough. Thusly, I have a spot on two of my three blades that is burred. However, its not bent, just "flattened." Could I take a file and carefully remove the burr? It doesn't have any vibration etc as I figured it would.

tkwalker
09-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Well last night I took the wife on her first jug fishing trip. With priest at the level it is, and coming out of fate sanders after dark, I was too close to the finger that comes from next to the ramp. Depth alarm went off I shut the motor down but not fast enough. Thusly, I have a spot on two of my three blades that is burred. However, its not bent, just "flattened." Could I take a file and carefully remove the burr? It doesn't have any vibration etc as I figured it would.

You know I Installed this odd ball prop that you bought from Iboats ?? ... I will try to bring it back to what it should be ... But if your going to fish JPP may consider stainless ... <'TK>< :) call or pm

agelesssone
09-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Take it from me, TK, those rocks that he's talking about like SS props just as much as aluminum.

I chewed up my SS prop there last winter during low water. And an aluminum elsewhere in the spring.

tkwalker
09-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Take it from me, TK, those rocks that he's talking about like SS props just as much as aluminum.

I chewed up my SS prop there last winter during low water. And an aluminum elsewhere in the spring.

Merv, I know very welllllllll !! what JPP can do ... I went through three S/S props when I was turney fishing in the late 70's when they where were $125 ea ... A lot of $$ then ... But in the long run they can be brought back in to some type of usuaballity instead of an Alumn. blade being knocked off,etc ... ...

Day in and day out ... you can stay in the ball game longer with a S/S ... <'TK>< :)

XxthejuicexX
09-10-2013, 08:44 AM
I have had a the same stainless prop for 10 years or so but I also do not hit to many things either. The only time I hit anything is when the motor is down and I am fishing shallow...... I call it the poor mans power pole.

agelesssone
09-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Oh, I agree TK, and I am still using that same beat up prop. I hammered it back into a reasonable semblance of original. It didn't lose any metal, just some of the proper curvatures.
At $175.00 to repair, it doesn't vibrate and I don't mind if it loses a MPH or two.