PDA

View Full Version : I caught my PB on Lake Chickamauga!

blink
09-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Too bad it was a carp!
Murdered a shakyhead. Approximately 28" long. 10 minute fight on medium spinning with 8lb p-line. When i first hooked up i thought it was a huge striper or catfish or the world record LM!!

On another note, we caught a few bass on buzzbaits and frogs, but the bite wasnt on like it was in previous trips.

XxthejuicexX
09-03-2013, 10:23 AM
I see you caught the carp on a squirrel tail. I like the ole squirrel tail worm I just wish they made them bigger. How is chickamauga? I want to fish it but have a hard time not going to Guntersville. I know this spring they were killing it on that lake. I caught this Drum 2 summers ago on priest fishing a squirrel tail on a shaky head.

bd-
09-03-2013, 11:23 AM
People will think I'm crazy for saying so, but it kind of amazes me that carp don't get more respect as a game fish. They are smart and wary, they are hard to catch on artificial lures, they get very big, and they put up a powerful fight. Fly fishing for carp is getting more and more popular - it's actually a lot of fun.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

XxthejuicexX
09-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Bd, I fish for Gar and they fall into the same category. They put up a hell of a fight and when you find a school of them you can catch a fish on about every cast. I tried carp fishing last year but failed miserably, I would like to try and fly fish for them.