PDA

View Full Version : old hickory lake fishing report 9/2/2013

tacklemake
09-02-2013, 06:57 PM
I went out this morning and found NO hunters and no wind, no rain just cloudy skys. The fish were braking in the cove around the corner from lock 3 ramp but dummy me took off the top water lure to try something new. I tried what I had on with no luck but I will fix that for tomorrow with my top water lure back on. So I troll a little cast a little with no luck and talked to some other fishermen out there and they weren't doing much better. So the wind started to pick up a little not much and I had one rod left with a black jig and a dark rage tail grub call the space monkey on it and I started to work all the trees in the water. I went to a spot out side to the right of the cove along the shore line that had alot of trees and shade spots and now its around 10am and getting hot and I'm working the shade spots and found schools of bait fish too. So now I just got the jig over this log when the line started to move away and I pick the slack and went to set the hook and forgot to reset the drag when I change from a spinner to a heavy jig. You would think this old fart would no better but that is the way it gose so till tomorrow my friends........................woody

jad2t
09-02-2013, 08:26 PM
I hit JPP early and had a very tough time. Fished shallow and deep, on top and on bottom. Finished with one smallie and one largemouth, both on plastic worms. The smallie was about 12 inches, perfect eating size if you ask me, and it died due to the way it was hooked. Poor thing died for nothing, thanks conservationists. ;)

I was marking bass and structure all day in deeper water, jigging worms down there or dragging lizards, no luck. They just wouldn't bite. Later on I went creek fishing in a skinny part of the Harpeth with trout magnets. I usually catch 30-40 an hour doing this. Fished for two hours and caught 21 haha. It's always a blessing to get out there but man was it tough today.