PDA

View Full Version : G'ville on labor day weekend

XxthejuicexX
09-01-2013, 11:00 PM
I fished Sat and Sunday. It was not my best weekend but we did catch a some fish. I found a new area sat morning that had a few schools of bass roaming some humps with grass on them. I am not joking when I say each school had a a couple hundred fish in them, at one point the water was boiling with fish. The damnedest thing is that when they would blow up on my spook it was not to eat it but to kill it so my hookup rate was horrible. It was exciting to watch the fish hunt like that but sucks when you are catching one out of five fish. I did catch one fish that went right a 4 pounds during the excitement. The frog bite was hit or miss, when they were eating it they choked on it. Most of my fish came off flipping the deeper grass edges with D bombs, man when they want the d bomb the inhale it. I am taking september off from G'ville, trying to keep the wife happy :) I am fishing the oakley big bass tourny the 3rd weekend in october so the first two weekends will be spent pre fishing, here is to winning a new Toyota Tundra.

MNfisher
09-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Some dandy fish! Nice work!

Alphahawk
09-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Some nice bass! I had that happen at Pickwick this past week...drove me nuts.

Regards

FloatNFish
09-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Oh man. Now there is trouble. I don't think I'd let Aaron on my boat...haha!

Went to college with him and worked at Lowes together. Good dude.

Good looking fish.

-Alex

XxthejuicexX
09-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Lowe's in murfreesboro? Because if so I worked with you also. We were in his boat that weekend so I could not throw him out of his own boat.

FloatNFish
09-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Oh yeah? That's the one. What's your real name man? I worked in electrical there from 05 to 08 or so.

Is that Jonathan Handley under that beard in the other picture?

XxthejuicexX
09-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Yep thats me. I think I know what Alex this is. We have played golf before. I thought you moved out of state.

FloatNFish
09-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Yep thats me. I think I know what Alex this is. We have played golf before. I thought you moved out of state.

That's me. Alex Moore. Didn't move. Finished school and got a full-time job. How've you been man?

I was in there a couple weeks ago and talked to Bobby for awhile. I dont think I'd seen him since I was working there. He hasn't chaned a bit! You still at lowes?

Well let's all get out and fish sometime.

-Alex

XxthejuicexX
09-15-2013, 07:55 PM
I have been good. I left lowe's a little more than a year ago. I went to work for one of my customers and have enjoyed it. Akers and I have been fishing a lot lately down on guntersville we are getting ready to fish a tournament in october and trying to get some new areas mapped out. I am trying to get as much in as I can because I have a son do november 26th so I am trying to live it up as much as I can. what type of fishing are you in to?

FloatNFish
09-16-2013, 07:21 AM
I have been good. I left lowe's a little more than a year ago. I went to work for one of my customers and have enjoyed it. Akers and I have been fishing a lot lately down on guntersville we are getting ready to fish a tournament in october and trying to get some new areas mapped out. I am trying to get as much in as I can because I have a son do november 26th so I am trying to live it up as much as I can. what type of fishing are you in to?

Well Congrats, Jon! Sounds like Aaron is gonna need a new fishing partner soon... I've never been down to Guntersville but I've heard good things about it. I fish Priest mostly for crappie and hybrids. I'll fish for just about anything though. I usually get out weekday mornings. Work has been putting a damper on that the last couple weeks though.

XxthejuicexX
09-19-2013, 12:47 PM
I saw that picture of the hybrid on facebook, nice fish. where do you fish at for them? I have a spot up by four corners I can catch them at in the fall. I think I am going to hit priest up saturday, as long as the rain is not to bad.