PDA

View Full Version : Williamsport fishing report.

Alphahawk
08-30-2013, 02:51 PM
I know some on here are fishing the kayak tournament in a few weeks and thought I would give lake observations from today. Water temp is 88 degrees in Blue Cat and Shell Cracker. Water is pea soup green in both lakes with Shell Cracker being really dark. There are plenty of minnows in both lakes all about 1.5 inches long and traveling in schools of 40 or 50. I did not see any huge balls of shad....just many small groups around the lake. Fish were busting the surface on a regular basis the 2 hours I was out there. I did not see any schools of fish but the singles were all around the shore and in mid lake also. I can't say for sure they were all large mouth as there are many hybrids in the lake....I can tell you they were very big fish. I tried to get into the big boys with no luck. I did however get into a ton of bass like the one in the pic. I was casting a Killer Klatt trout Magnet and they killed it. They were all about 9 or 10 inches long and put up a good fight on the 2# test line. The fish really looked healthy and fat. It was a fun couple of hours but after my clothes were drenched decided time to come home. If I get back out there before the kayak tournament will post another report.

Regards

Travis C.
08-30-2013, 03:33 PM
I was cutting grass today and man I think I lost 5 lbs in sweat. Glad to see the Killer Klatt TM is producing. I'd imagine someone could have some fun with those hybrids there since bait is schooled like that.

They may have trouble keeping the kayak tourney guys interested in bass. :D

Fishbus
08-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Good timing on the report, Alpha. I told my oldest we would go kayak fishing tomorrow morning and I've been trying to decide where to go.

I have some CM's in Killer Klatt. Think they would work as well?

If anyone else heads that way tomorrow morning, I'll be in a red Big Tuna and my 16 year old will be on a red 8' SOT. Say hey.

Billy

Alphahawk
08-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Good timing on the report, Alpha. I told my oldest we would go kayak fishing tomorrow morning and I've been trying to decide where to go.

I have some CM's in Killer Klatt. Think they would work as well?

If anyone else heads that way tomorrow morning, I'll be in a red Big Tuna and my 16 year old will be on a red 8' SOT. Say hey.

Billy

Billy I think going out there in a kayak and hitting it hard you should be able to get a good one on. They are feeding. I would also try some top water along with the Killer Klatt. You will see the minnows and then try to match the hatch. It is hot out there...LOL.

Regards

tacklemake
08-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Like aways my friend a great report from a pro..............woody

Alphahawk
08-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks Woody. The bass humbled me this week. I think the high pressure messed them up some but very frustrating knowing they are there and I can't get them to hit. Will hit it again next week.

Regards

tacklemake
08-30-2013, 06:37 PM
OK my good friend you just be real careful in that heat.........woody

Reel Tune
08-31-2013, 02:43 AM
Nice report Alpha. Be caureful out there, this heat is no joke.

nomad60
08-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Nice report Alpha. Be caureful out there, this heat is no joke.

X2

Still trying to decide if I want to brave both the heat and the crowds on labor day...