PDA

View Full Version : rod repairer in Wilson County?

Saltwaterwalt
08-27-2013, 08:59 AM
I've got a broken eye on a favorite spinning rod I want to get fixed. Does anyone know of any local rod repairers or do I need to send it back to the factory?

jimj3561
08-28-2013, 09:45 AM
fisher01 on this forum told me he does some repair after I broke on of my rods. Try sending him a message -

Tightlines
08-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Any suggestions for reel repair near Franklin/Nashville?

Saltwaterwalt
08-28-2013, 02:32 PM
The large (rear) hoop that holds the eye insert broke in half, so the insert pops out. I've tried superglue to no avail. It's an Ugly Stick Lite, and I know they have a lifetime warranty. Just don't know if its worth the hassle to find a tube long enough to send a one piece 7ft rod to the factory. I'm sure the freight cost might be high too, not sure.

GO-OKFISHIN
09-04-2013, 10:24 AM
They are super easy to fix. Just cut the thread or on an Ugly Stik probably just epoxy. Get a new guide and tape it in place with a little scotch tape. Make sure it is straight. Get some thread from a fly shop and start winding. Make sure the area is clean after you remove the old guide. The knots are really easy to learn. You just start wrapping around the tag end. Google it and you will be surprised how easy it is. Coat it with some clear fingernail polish and you are done.

GO-OKFISHIN
09-04-2013, 10:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0l9pEvcrHc