PDA

View Full Version : Lake Guntersville 08-10-11th

XxthejuicexX
08-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Fishing G'ville last weekend and it was rough. We caught some smaller fish Saturday, maybe 15 total and the best was around 3 pounds. Sunday we fished for about 6 hours and caught 5, these two being my only fish of the day, left 6.8 right fish 5.7 one on a black frog the other on a D bomb. I read that that from the previous wed. through sunday was tough fishing.

Travis C.
08-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Nice bass. One of these day's I will make it down to Guntersville.

XxthejuicexX
08-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Thank you sir, It's well worth the trip down. From Murfreesboro it's right around 2 hours. The Frog bite will be picking up over the next few weeks. I heading back down at the end of the month for a few days.

Reel Tune
08-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Quit teasing me, I need to make it down soon.

Jeremy

Transplanted Sportsman
08-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Dang those are some hogs for sure!! congrats on such fish!!, how far into Alabama do you need to go to get into some good fish, I'm a blue collar fisherman with a baby on the way and do not want to buy an Alabama license, is there any good fishing in the TN stretch of Guntersville??

Alphahawk
08-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Yep.....some nice bass there!

Regards

XxthejuicexX
08-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Transplanted, if you are looking to find fish like those on Gville check out Chickamauga Lake. That lake blew up this spring with some big sacks, one tournament the winner had 44 pounds in 5 fish! I think that same tournament there were 7 fish over 8 pounds weighed in. I have thought about fishing it but it's tough to leave the waters of Gville because I know where I can catch fish there. A year license for Alabama is 40 bucks so its not to bad, I also have a kid due in November so I'm trying to put some time on the water while I can.

jad2t
08-20-2013, 10:25 AM
That lake is just full of monster bass. I'd love to make a trip down there with the yak but I know nothing about that lake.

txnative
08-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Taking the fishing sled to Guntersville this Saturday 8/24. Tagging along with Porman2006. This is a dedicated largemouth excursion, so no "green trash fish" quips will be in the report :)

Chris

XxthejuicexX
08-20-2013, 02:37 PM
All this talk about going down this weekend makes me want to piss my wife or royally and go down to fish :) What are you guys considering green trash fish? So far the weather looks great for this weekend.

txnative
08-20-2013, 03:15 PM
"Green trash fish" is a largemouth caught while fishing for other species. For example: "I went to dale hollow and couldn't catch any smallmouth because I couldn't keep the green trash fish off my tube." Or, in my own experience, "went to reelfoot hoping to catch bowfin, but pesky 18" largemouth kept getting in the way!"

Obviously a joke, but some may take it offensively.

Chris

XxthejuicexX
08-20-2013, 03:46 PM
I got ya. I would love to catch some bowfin. I gar fish during the heat of the summer and love it. There is nothing like catching a 55" fish that jumps like a small mouth. I did do it last year in my kayak once..... The gar just about jumped in the yak with me and that's when I said never again.