PDA

View Full Version : Jug fishing.

Jdkxtreme
08-08-2013, 05:23 PM
I am kinda interested in giving this a try. I do not want anyone's secret spots, I would like info on where to give this a try. Like back in the creeks? Creek openings? Main channel? ETC..Thank you

j19bill
08-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Really depends on what your after. A bunch of eater size catfish or Big O' fat ones. Either way you can't be within a 100 yards of and river or creek mouth or below a dam.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk. (Spell check done after hitting send.)

Jdkxtreme
08-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Prolly just looking to have fun. Would not mind catching some big ones. What the reason you can be within 100 yards of a creek mouth?

j19bill
08-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Prolly just looking to have fun. Would not mind catching some big ones. What the reason you can be within 100 yards of a creek mouth?

100yd thing is one of the regulations.

If your just looking to have fun or just want to catch some any cove will do just bait up and throw out. For bigger fish you need to be around a channel and use Live bait (for flatheads) either shinners or small brim (brim must be caught with rod and reel to be legal).

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk. (Spell check done after hitting send.)

Jdkxtreme
08-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Thank you. That would be the only way I would catch the Brim. I am not ready to embarrass myself yet by trying to throw a net..

tkwalker
08-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Thank you. That would be the only way I would catch the Brim. I am not ready to embarrass myself yet by trying to throw a net..

Even though the Bream is not considered a game fish in some areas ... It is illegal to net and keep bream ... Only bait fish ... <'TK><;)

white95v6
08-09-2013, 09:51 AM
I use small live gills or cut up gills. I like to set my jugs on big flats near a channel.

you can catch flatheads on cut bait just as much as live. the heads seem to work best for the flatheads too.