PDA

View Full Version : World Record Brown Trout!!

jad2t
08-01-2013, 07:21 AM
http://www.flyfishingfrenzy.com/2013/07/31/biggest-brown-ever/

Who wants to take a trip to New Zealand?

SLU01
08-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Wow!, thx for sharing this

TNBronzeback
08-01-2013, 01:18 PM
I seen Ron Linder/Linders Angling Edge post that on facebook yesterday...what a giant! probably a butt puckering situation once the guy saw/realized what he had on the end of his line. LOL...i know mine would have been.

geckel
08-01-2013, 01:22 PM
That's awesome...but also bad. He made it roughly 7oz more difficult for me when I break the record this weekend haha.

jad2t
08-02-2013, 07:24 AM
New Zealand apparently has some of the best trout fishing on the planet. I guess I can add that to the bucket list too! That trout is going to be quite impressive on the wall!

Travis C.
08-02-2013, 08:32 AM
New Zealand apparently has some of the best trout fishing on the planet.

Heck, it should! Between population density, difficulty to get there for average fisherman and availability of sea-run fish there are bunches of opportunities at catch of the lifetime fish on each cast. Just be prepared for wind, wind and more wind when chasing those big browns.

It's a bucket list spot for me sure (lottery win pending).

As should be Kamchatka and their huge carnivorous rainbows that chase down blowing up on mouse pattern at the surface.

txnative
08-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Travis,

Add in flyfishing for milkfish, giant bonefish, and giant trevally in the Seychelles and I'll join you on your bucket list trip after you win the lotto. :)

Chris

PS: wouldn't mind swinging thru Mongolia and trying to catch a few taimen, either. Since we are gonna be near Australia, we could target barramundi to warm up for Kiwi browns. We can hash out details later.

Travis C.
08-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Travis,

Add in flyfishing for milkfish, giant bonefish, and giant trevally in the Seychelles and I'll join you on your bucket list trip after you win the lotto. :)

Chris

PS: wouldn't mind swinging thru Mongolia and trying to catch a few taimen, either. Since we are gonna be near Australia, we could target barramundi to warm up for Kiwi browns. We can hash out details later.

Heck yeah!

But since we are going to be near the African coast, I gotta get a grip-n-grin with a Tiger Fish.

TNtransplant08
08-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Sounds like you guys have been watching too many episodes of "River Monsters" :p

Transplanted Sportsman
08-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Sounds like you guys have been watching too many episodes of "River Monsters" :p

Lol, that is what I was thinking!! but Travis if you do win the lottery do not forget your new old buddy here!!;)