PDA

View Full Version : Chartreuse Dye

Jmmiller33
07-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Anyone ever use it? Either the dips or a marker? Any brands better than the rest? I'm considering adding one or the other to the soft plastics bag to see if it'll make a difference. It would be used mainly on green pumpkin, pearl and blue plastics. Info/advice/feedback appreciated! In advance!

Reel Tune
07-31-2013, 02:19 PM
I have some Spike-It spray Dye in Chartreuse dye. I haven't fished it enough to really give a good review. It does react well to black light.

Jeremy

TNtransplant08
07-31-2013, 02:21 PM
I use the dip often. Theres been so many times adding alittle bit of color to the bait makes a big difference. There have been days where fish won't take a pearl fluke, but if I add some chart. dye to the tail, it turns them on. I'll also sometimes add some dye to the claw tips of craw trailers on my jigs. I use the chart. and orange dyes that have garlic in them. Only downside is that it can be messy and if you spill, its near impossible to get out. I've never used the marker, but I imagine it would have the same effect, but cleaner. Brandwise, I don't think it really matters much,but I'm not sure, though I've heard alot of people use JJ's Magic.

creekcrappie
07-31-2013, 03:27 PM
I have the spike it unscented chart. dip dye. It works well if your not looking for scent in it. I dyed this past spring green pumpkin, watermelon candy, and watermelon seed lizards. The color showed up very well on it. It really helped me with those picky biters at my pond.

SLU01
07-31-2013, 05:41 PM
I have used spike-it products for years and am never without it. The bottled version which is good for dipping for heavy color or use a q-tip for dabbing a little, I switched to the pens some time ago and have all colors. I use it to brighten up the tails on plastic worms, lizards, grubs etc, also can had a touch of color to change up a crankbait . It will adhere to soft plastic immediately but if used on hard items like cranks, let air dry for a few seconds. I like the garlic, fish seem to hold on a little longer. Just don't get it on anything as it will stain. You can get a bottle of neutralizer if needed.

Jmmiller33
08-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone, sounds like its something i should add to the tackle bag. I just wanted second opinions before I went to BPS to pick some up because I know when I go down there for that i'll end up spending a hundred on other stuff hahaha Needed to make sure it was worth the trip.