PDA

View Full Version : Att. Merv Lindy River Runners

Alphahawk
07-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Tried out the River Runner today in the tailrace at Pickwick. It is the first crank that I have used that does track straight in all the current and eddies. I did not catch any fish on it but today those fish were down in the rocks...or close to them....and weren't suspended. I tried out the number 3 size and it appears to run about 3.5 feet using 12# test line. I can see where it would be a good trolling lure. I got these on Doug Markham's recommendation. Be careful....you wont need to change out the hooks on these....unless you want bigger hooks....they are sharp and they bite.

Regards

Cornbread
07-17-2013, 08:40 PM
good info, Where can you get em. Or look at 'em

Alphahawk
07-17-2013, 09:00 PM
good info, Where can you get em. Or look at 'em

Murfreesboro Outdoors carries them but I have amazon Prime and I got them off of amazon. Will continue to try them and report back. Will try them again tomorrow. Heddon....I think.....used to make a lure just like it. Wanting to try it on Caney for browns.

Regards

agelesssone
07-18-2013, 06:54 AM
alphahawk, you are right about the river rockers. They used to be called Lazy Ikes and were made by Heddon.

Heddon also produced the first "rattletrap " type lure. It was called The Sonic. That lure was half the size of the average rattle trap, 1/8th oz, only about 1 1/ 4 inches long. They made a white with black dots one, painted like the Bandit mad cow, and it was a killer on bass.

I bought five of them at www.Cabela's.com.

bfish
07-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Heddon also produced the first "rattletrap " type lure. It was called The Sonic... i believe the bayou boogie predates the sonic (and is also produced by heddon).

Travis C.
07-18-2013, 09:11 AM
alphahawk, you are right about the river rockers. They used to be called Lazy Ikes and were made by Heddon.

The Lazy Ikes were made to compete with the Flatfish lures. These Rockers look a whole lot more like the old Heddon Tad Series.

The Rocker's should be good as those Tad's were really good. I used to have some around here somewhere.

Travis C.
07-18-2013, 09:24 AM
i believe the bayou boogie predates the sonic (and is also produced by heddon).

The Boogies, Sonic's and Pico Perch's were all around the same time pre-Buckeye Shads in the mid-50's. Rattletraps didn't show up until 60's I believe.

Based on appearance I'd guess the Pico's and Boogies to be first since they were the same basic shape then the Sonic's came shortly after due to being slightly different. But I could be wrong on the order.

Alphahawk
07-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Further fishing is required but I really like these lures. I am really pumped about them.

Regards

TroutFiend
07-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Not sure if this pic is the same lure you guys are talking about. As of this week the Lebanon WalMart had 2 boxes full on sale for $1 a piece.

Alphahawk
07-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Not sure if this pic is the same lure you guys are talking about. As of this week the Lebanon WalMart had 2 boxes full on sale for $1 a piece.

It is similar. I never fished the Lazy Ike. These River Rockers so far are great.

Regards