PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick 07-10-2013

Alphahawk
07-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Got an early start this morning.....but not my kind of day. The large mouth either moved out....weren't biting....or I didn't have the skills to get them today. I threw all I had. Now I caught a ton of fish....just not good fish. The river was full of drum....LOL. Now catching one or two of those at 2 to 5 pounds is OK....but on every cast....that ain't good. So went up to the car and brought my UL down to the water. I caught 15 male Gills...all at the 8 inch mark....but I still had to deal with the drum. Two drum for one Gill. Now on that UL and in that current just didn't want to do that all day in this heat....so I left. There was a man next to me fishing for Gills with crickets...using a 16 foot "Hawger Pole". He had to contend with the same thing.....catch 3 or 4 drum then a nice Gill. He left when I did.....said it was too much work dealing with those Drum on that pole...LOL. I tried in the lake at several places and didn't even get a hit. The debris had blown away and water was very clear in the lake......a little stained in the river. Water temps were 87 degrees. I will be back at it tomorrow...God willing and the weather holds up.

Regards