PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick night fishing

tennvols00
07-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Going to fish in a night bass tournament tonight at Pickwick. Was wondering if anyone has any experience doing night fishing there? Thanks for any tips given

Travis C.
07-06-2013, 06:23 PM
I haven't fished there but if I am fishing any lake at night that has smallies in it there will be a big single blade spinnerbait (black/blue, black/red) to thump around. A trailer hook makes it more hang prone at night throwing the banks but will help on hook %.

Alphahawk
07-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Have never fished up in the lake at night......but....I would have some jigs...such as Bitsy Bug or something similar. I would rely heavily on the black....purple....or mixture of those two colors. I catch a a lot of Smallies on jigs there. Your large mouth are pretty much hanging around the banks now. Don't overlook the rip rap at the dam.

Regards

I call it maize
07-06-2013, 08:49 PM
You're probably already out there but I assume JPP had a drastic water temp drop just like OH. I am anxious to see where you have your success. Good luck!

tennvols00
07-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Well it was a tough night out there for most of us. There were 7 local boats and only 4 weighed fish at the end of the night. Boats totaled 13, 11, 8, and 4 pounds. VERY busy on the water as there was a fireworks show in one of the major creek areas. Water was very unstable. They were really pulling the water through the dam in the later afternoon. Most fish were caught using a carolina rig or jig. Our boat saw no topwater action or dark spinnerbait action which was surprising.

Tnriverluver
07-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Don't have a lot to add, but I caught my PB (7.5 lb) Smallie and at the time only my 3rd ever smallmouth fishing a night tourament there about 10 years ago. Was dragging a black and blue jig with pork trailer across stump flats in Yellow Creek in about 10 ft of water. I can only imagine trying to fish that zoo on the weekend of the 4th LOL:eek: