PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick 07-02-2013

Alphahawk
07-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Hit Pickwick again today and had a fun day. Caught quite a few large mouth and a few Smallies and Spots. The Smallies and Spots were all only 9 inches or maybe little longer. Had one large mouth at 18 inches and several at 14 inches. The Spots and Smallies were caught on a Bison colored Trout Magnet. The large mouth were caught mostly with a yellow, Rebel "Crickhopper Popper". It was a hoot seeing that 18 inch large mouth blow up on it. The fish are not in the "jumps" yet but it won't be long. The water is clear and water temps are in the low 80's. It was actually almost cool there this morning. Pics aren't too good with the iPhone...got to get another camera soon.

Regards

nomad60
07-03-2013, 11:49 AM
An 18" bass on 2 pound test, from shore even. Nice going, Alpha.

Farley
07-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks for sharing...Do you travel down the Natchez Trace to get there? If so how long does it take you???Rick

Alphahawk
07-03-2013, 01:44 PM
I go through Summertown and hit highway 64. It takes me about one hour and forty-five minutes. They have been working on 64 for 8 years now turning it all into 4 lane. It has helped a little with the time and I think I will live long enough to see it all finished...LOL. It has been interesting to see the construction of the road during those 8 years.

Regards

Alphahawk
07-03-2013, 01:54 PM
An 18" bass on 2 pound test, from shore even. Nice going, Alpha.

Yeah it was a lot of fun....but time to step up to 6# test. Am getting my Kastmaster spoons....Pop-R's....with dressed hooks ready for the jumps. Bigger fish will become more active as they move into the jumps and the 2# test is just not going to cut it.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
07-03-2013, 08:50 PM
I go through Summertown and hit highway 64. It takes me about one hour and forty-five minutes. They have been working on 64 for 8 years now turning it all into 4 lane. It has helped a little with the time and I think I will live long enough to see it all finished...LOL. It has been interesting to see the construction of the road during those 8 years.

Regards

I'll bet you can remember old 64 when it was a very narrow curvy two lane blacktop. I do and I am so much younger.:):)

Alphahawk
07-03-2013, 09:51 PM
I'll bet you can remember old 64 when it was a very narrow curvy two lane blacktop. I do and I am so much younger.:):)

Yeah....those were some memorable drives on that road though.

Regards