PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Mike show on the mid tn streams

creeksmallie
06-26-2013, 09:36 AM
MNfisher and I got out to the creek yesterday for 3 or so hours of fishing. Always a good time fishing with him. We had 10 to 12 smallies and a few Rock Bass. A little slower that I expected. Here are a few pics!!!!!!
The big one came on a Stick type senko bait weighted real baits hook
Minnows,crappie magnet and sliders were the other lures.
July should be a great time on our creeks and small flows!!!!!!!!
615-556-0281
Mike Dial

Reel Tune
06-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Looks good, I need to get on the water badly.

Jeremy

browntrout
06-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Mike great fish as usual. That water sure looks inviting.

Roy

jad2t
06-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Nice fish! I gathered a lot of info on the Harpeth River over the past couple days which is loaded with Smallies. I'll be floating it early Saturday morning primarily using Crappie Mags and may even break out the flyrod.

Lately I've been targeting Smallies specifically in tiny streams around here, found several but all very small since the water I've found doesn't hold anything but small fish. Really hoping to get into some 12+ inchers Saturday on that 2lb test and flyrod, that would be a blast!

MNfisher
06-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks again for a fun evening wading! Always fun fishing with ya!

jad2t
06-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Just curious, how do you fish those Senko baits? Never used them before.

creeksmallie
06-26-2013, 02:59 PM
I rig them like a fluke(tex posed). Depending on what the fish are doing I will use a weighted hook if they are tight to cover. I fish slow with a shakey lift drop method if tight to cover and Twitch back like a fluke if the fish are more active. Now some wacky rig them and some folks use a drop shot version also in the streams. In the early spring when the water is still to cold to wet leg I will deadstick them letting them just roll with the current on a weighted hook.
I also have taken the shorter versions that Case has and put them on a orange slider head and had good action.
I have not used a senko but it is because I have lots of Case stuff and Prowler from the sponsor days.
Hope this helps
Mike

Alphahawk
06-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Great fish as usual....wouldn't expect anything less from you two....LOL. That water does look inviting.

Regards

agelesssone
06-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Mike, that's a good lookin smallie you got there.

AND, it was very sportsmanlike of you to allow Mr. Ernst to hold a couple of your fish while you took his picture.

MNfisher
06-26-2013, 10:44 PM
AND, it was very sportsmanlike of you to allow Mr. Ernst to hold a couple of your fish while you took his picture.

:D:p:D:p

tsuggs
06-27-2013, 06:56 AM
nice job guys,lookn forward to pickn yalls brain a little sat on the wetleggn side of fishing.Had to sell my boat due to someone stealin my trailer:mad::mad::mad:
I am starting to look at this incident as an opportunity to increase my wading skills and who knows might buy a yak.You guys make it look easy

eaglestrike09
06-27-2013, 07:15 AM
Way to go! Mike and Mike!;)