PDA

View Full Version : Antique Outboard Racing ..<'TK><

tkwalker
06-25-2013, 12:32 AM
I am a member of Antique outboard Motor Club International ... www.AOMCI.org .We have just returned from Sturgis, MO. For the 7th annual 3 HP race at Gruender Lake ...Half way between St. Louis and Kanas City . For antique Outboards ... Our entry this year was a 1945 ... 3.2 HP Western Auto Wizard which was made by Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury).

And Happy to say we swept the field for the second year in a row ... Stock and Modified .. My cohort in crime is Sam Wearly who is a retired tunnel boat racer and from the same stable as his Dad Paul Wearly who was a renowned Racer from the 30's and 40's who died last year at the age of 94.

Sam is the driver do to that fact he ways a few less pounds Than I do ... (50 to be exact :eek:) .... But we have a great time spending time with fellow old outboarders ... Now our next year quest is in front of us ... We are thinking super charger !!!! ;);)... <'TK>< :)

MNfisher
06-25-2013, 05:45 AM
Congrats! Sounds like a great time!

Alphahawk
06-25-2013, 07:47 AM
That's pretty cool TK. I would assume everyone puts the lightest driver in the boats they can come up with. How fast does a 3 hp outboard go?

Regards

JandSCattleCo
06-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Congratulations!