PDA

View Full Version : anti-reverse

creekcrappie
06-14-2013, 09:56 AM
The anti-reverse refuses to work on my only bluegill reel, does anyone know how to fix it? It is a crappie max reel from basspro shops. I bought it in early April and only fished with it for about an average of about 2 times a week. I cannot go bluegill or crappie fishing until I can fix this problem, so help would be appriciated.

fisher01
06-14-2013, 11:16 AM
I would suggest taking it back to Basspro. They should exchange it for a new one.

Jim
06-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Have you tried cleaning the inside of the reel? Depending on the reel, there may be different styles of anti-reverse. I do not personally know the crappie max reel, but it is probably and small spring loaded tooth that drops into a gear. It can stick (open) if there is too much or not enough grease. The spring may be off or broken. It is usually an easy fix if it just needs some cleaning.

If it is a one-way roller bearing then it is probably assembled incorrectly if it doesn't work.

Good luck,
Jim

Gene G
06-14-2013, 08:39 PM
i would suggest taking it back to basspro. They should exchange it for a new one.

x2

tkwalker
06-14-2013, 09:59 PM
x2

Bass Pro should take it back ... If you get a rub ask to speak to Andy Ralston one of the Managers .... If the replacement is not in the cards have him call me ... I will buy you a new one .... <'TK>< ;)

creekcrappie
06-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I would suggest taking it back to Basspro. They should exchange it for a new one.

Problem is I cannot find the receipt

creekcrappie
06-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Bass Pro should take it back ... If you get a rub ask to speak to Andy Ralston one of the Managers .... If the replacement is not in the cards have him call me ... I will buy you a new one .... <'TK>< ;)

Thanks TK,I will ask to speak with him if they don't return it.

tkwalker
06-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks TK,I will ask to speak with him if they don't return it.

Before you go to Bass Pro ... Print this thread and take it with you ... <'TK>< :)

MNfisher
06-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Problem is I cannot find the receipt

That shouldn't be a problem since its a Bass Pro brand. I am sure they will swap it for you.

creekcrappie
06-22-2013, 06:12 PM
I took it back, and they exchanged it for a new one.