PDA

View Full Version : Bouys in the tail-waters

RADUTY
06-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Throughout the ordeal with the Corps of Engineers, our legislators at State and Federal level represented the people of Tennessee magnificently. No one in any state could have asked for more. But in the months of battle, our Attorney General's office was conspicuously quiet. This, in spite of the fact that there are actually several statutes within Tennessee Code, that prohibit anyone from placing navigational impediments in our rivers and lakes.

I have written and emailed Deputy AG Barry Turner (listed on the AG web site as representing the interests of the TWRA), and asked that the office of the AG finally get involved, and for that office to encourage the Corps to comply with State, and now Federal law, and remove the buoys from the Cumberland's tail-waters. As it was in the initial struggle, the Office of the Attorney General has yet to offer the courtesy of a reply; subsequently leaving one with the notion that they will do what they did before. Nothing... Our legislators heard thousands of voices as one loud roar. Maybe we need to turn up the volume for the AG's office to hear us. Please - email Barry.Turner@AG.TN.Gov. Ask him to tell the Corps, its time to put on the big-boy pants now, and get their junk out of our river.

white95v6
06-11-2013, 04:34 PM
the main problem with TNs AG. is that it they are not elected. he don't care what the people think/want. his job is safe he can't be voted out.

ditz1
06-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Besides,,,,,he and the governer are too busy leasing state owned buildings for thier own profit. Can anybody say 'corruption'?

fishfindergeneral
06-13-2013, 06:04 PM
I know the AG, Bob Cooper personally and he's a good guy. They do not take orders from the people. They take then from the state or better yet the Gov. Or house and senate. I believe the Governor is the one to contact, repeatedly. :)

Headhunter
06-13-2013, 06:34 PM
the twra has said that is their understanding the corps will not remove the buoys that are in place.

white95v6
06-13-2013, 08:32 PM
I know the AG, Bob Cooper personally and he's a good guy. They do not take orders from the people. They take then from the state or better yet the Gov. Or house and senate. I believe the Governor is the one to contact, repeatedly. :)

So he is a puppet for them.

white95v6
06-13-2013, 08:33 PM
the twra has said that is their understanding the corps will not remove the buoys that are in place.

I see a bolt cutter being put to use lol.

fishfindergeneral
06-14-2013, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't say a puppet so much as just doing his job, unless all of us with jobs are just puppets. Wow, that's really heavy. :)

jad2t
06-14-2013, 07:19 AM
How about in addition to removing them, each taxpayer gets his/her portion returned of the money that they knowingly wasted on these buoys.

Mike Anderson
06-14-2013, 07:45 AM
I can think of some creative words we could spray paint on them.....

agelesssone
06-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Gonna need cable cutters, bolt cutters don't cut stranded cable to well.

jad2t
06-14-2013, 08:18 AM
I can think of some creative words we could spray paint on them.....

Right above "Keep Out" we could spraypaint "COE" or "DeLapp", that would send a clear message.

nofish
06-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the one night I went past the buoys it looked like they were older buoys that had been reused and I'm not quite sure what they said on them. At any rate they're a hazard!

Edit: at old hickory dam