PDA

View Full Version : A Fishing Trip with FishFinderGeneral <'TK><

tkwalker
06-09-2013, 11:21 PM
The Wife and I had a real treat today. We fished with Dave Clark and the Dave Clark 5 out of England, a great British Rock band from the 60's ...

No wait a minute !! My Screen Saver must have come on ... This Dave Clark is a craftsman who knows his trade on Dale Hollow Lake; which We had the privilege to spend a half Day of fishing with for Smalles, Walleye, and Musky ...

As we all know our cool, wet Spring has sent some spawning cycles in a spin as I think all of you have experienced this year ... With this said, this is how our day went ...

We met Dave at Dockside Sunday Morning at Willow Grove Marina at the break of Dawn at 5:30 AM ... We came up the afternoon before and spent the night in a Cabin at the Marina that Dave graciously was able to acquire for us on such a short notice ...

We eased out of the Marina and headed for the fishing waters for the morning ... Once there, Dave started setting out different combinations and variations of bait presentations and patterns ... Now let me tell you when two guides get together (even though we targeted different species) There is a base line and common ground ... I picked up a number of ideas and techniques from Dave especially on Walleyes That I can use on my home lake of "Center Hill" and maybe I planted a few seeds that Dave will try on the Dale ...

So you will know Guiding is a lot of work ... There is about the same amount of time of prep for a trip than the trip itself ... You do not want Tackle Failure when you have a once in a life time trophy on ... Dave's tackle is well maintained with the latest and greatest of components ...

Now the rest of the story ... When We boarded the boat I told Dave that I was going to be the photographer for the day and that I wanted my Bride of 48 years to bring in the fish if the Fishing Gods was in favor ... Well We got a few blessings ... Right off, a nice Smallie (One of two for the day) ... We also had a couple of hit and misses ... But we really wanted and needed a two meal Walleye to make our day ... Well the Walleye Fishing God said ... 'HEY, HEY, Let's Make it Happen, and That's a fact jack, and there was something about a Duck call !!!!" This fishing God is named "SI" :eek: So the last fish of the day was a 23 inch EYE ... Filleted out for two meals.... UUUUMMMM .... UUUUMMMMM !!1 Here is a few pic's of the Day ...

Here is the Bottom line ... As a Guide and you spend anywhere from 6 to 14 hours in a boat at close quarters with a client, or in this case a Guide .. .. you learn a lot about a person . Well with Dave Clark ... What you see is what you get !! He is Genuine, Honest and Very, Very knowledgeable about what He does ... For this fact ... Not only what I think is a life long friendship between us both but from this point on "FISHFINDERGENERAL" Dave Clark, is to be the Official Guide Endorsed by me to represent Dale Hollow Lake for www.FishingTN.com ... <'TK>< :)

Alphahawk
06-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a great trip! Nice looking fish......bet that walleye was good.

Regards

tkwalker
06-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Sounds like a great trip! Nice looking fish......bet that walleye was good.

Regards

We haven't par took yet ... Just in anticipation ... <'TK>< :)

JandSCattleCo
06-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Looks like an awesome day!

MNfisher
06-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Good stuff! I have only heard great things about Dave!

ttitan27
06-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Looks like a fun trip. Congrats!

Travis C.
06-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Nice job, sounds like a great time was had by all.

browntrout
06-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Looks like a fun trip. Dave is the man on Dale Hollow. I have seen some of those Muskies that he has caught, they look like logs.

Hope the wife is doing great from the knee surgery.

Roy

jad2t
06-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Dale Hollow sure is a pretty lake, I need to make a trip out there one day. Glad you had a blast out there!

creekcrappie
06-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Nice job! Never been to dale hollow.

Reel Tune
06-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Looks like you and Ms. TK had a great trip. I hear nothing but good about Dave. His Walleye, Trout, Smallmouth, and Muskie posts are all amazing. I hope to one day get to fish with him, but can't decide what species it would be after.

Jeremy

nomad60
06-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Great pics and sounds like you had an excellent day out on the water!

StriperFan
06-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Looks like a great time and some good eating, congrats. Dale Hollow has been one of the most humbling lakes for me. I'm sure a trip with FishFinderGeneral would be money well spent for me. Well, one of these days.

tnpondmanager
06-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Great photos and story, TK! Looks like you had a memorable trip.

tsuggs
06-10-2013, 06:23 PM
walleye,mmm,mmm,beer,mmm,mmm

fishfindergeneral
06-14-2013, 07:04 AM
TK, it was my pleasure. I felt an instant rapport with you and was glad to spend time on the water with you both. Lets do it again soon. Thanks again for all the work you do here on Tnfishing.com and to thwart the Corps attempt to take away our freedom. The world needs more people like you. Tight lines...