PDA

View Full Version : Caney 06-08-2013

browntrout
06-08-2013, 09:20 PM
I got to go to the Caney this afternoon and got to try out all the modifications to the Riverhawk and I had a great day. The fish were fairly cooperative and nice size. This is a picture of the biggest one today, a nice rainbow. Sorry about covering its head with my hand. He had rolled up in my line and by the time I got him loose we snapped a quick pic and released him. He was starting to get the hook jaw.

TroutFiend
06-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Good stuff man. We caught a few at the rest stop early this morning on gold Cleo and rainbow cranks. What were you throwing?

browntrout
06-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Good stuff man. We caught a few at the rest stop early this morning on gold Cleo and rainbow cranks. What were you throwing?

I use an Excalibur XT-3. They dont make them anymore, Alphahawk and I hunted the internet and bought all of them we could find. I should be ok for a while. A buddy of mine is trying to buy the mold and start back making them again. The trout really turned on when the 2nd generator came on line.

Roy

MNfisher
06-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Nice fish!

jad2t
06-08-2013, 10:28 PM
That's a beauty!

tacklemake
06-08-2013, 10:39 PM
That's a real nice fish..............woody

j19bill
06-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Had good luck early this morning. Caught a couple of mid teens rainbows. Had my gopro mounted on my head strap but didn't double check my settings and filmed everything on narrow setting. So I missed pretty much all the action up close. Left about 9am when it started to get crowded.

Sent from my Windows Nokia Lumia 928 complete with typos.

Transplanted Sportsman
06-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Nice fish Roy!!, I looks like that 'bow has some shoulders!!

tkwalker
06-09-2013, 09:50 PM
I got to go to the Caney this afternoon and got to try out all the modifications to the Riverhawk and I had a great day. The fish were fairly cooperative and nice size. This is a picture of the biggest one today, a nice rainbow. Sorry about covering its head with my hand. He had rolled up in my line and by the time I got him loose we snapped a quick pic and released him. He was starting to get the hook jaw.

Looks like to me you were trying to keep him quiet and He was about to spill the beans that you foul Hooked in the tail !!! :cool: <'TK>< .. Nice Fish :)

Travis C.
06-10-2013, 08:15 AM
I think I remember how to catch a Caney Fork trout...

Nice job Roy. Hopefully all the slots will be thick like that fish.

browntrout
06-10-2013, 08:20 AM
I think the fishing will just get better as the summer goes on. Glad to see all the rain so I can keep fishing the high water.

Roy