PDA

View Full Version : TK you inspired me!!!

browntrout
06-06-2013, 08:18 PM
After seeing TK's restored boat that stoked my fire and made me want to finish some projects on my Riverhawk. I removed my old seats and put in some Tempress High back seats, under the back seat I put in a cargo net to keep my gas tank and etc. from sliding around while in transport, put in a cargo net pouch under the front seat to give storage and keep the stuff from sliding around under the front seat, and I had my live well glassed in where I could use it as a dry box and put some eyebolts in the side of it for cooler tiedowns so my cooler wont slide around. I love taking a boat and making some modifications to it to make it more user friendly.

Alphahawk
06-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Glad you got some new seats...LOL. I needed them.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
06-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Has the inside of that boat ever seen a fish? Too clean in and out.

Really nice looking.

browntrout
06-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Has the inside of that boat ever seen a fish? Too clean in and out.

Really nice looking.

Hasnt seen as many fish as I would like.....Actually I am OCD about my fishing stuff, I take very good care of it. I always keep my stuff clean and wash it after almost every trip......

Roy

tkwalker
06-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Roy, I am going to send my overflow customers to you !!! By the way ... What's in the cooler ?? :) <'TK><

Travis C.
06-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Nice job...but....uh...everything was done to prevent sliding around maybe next time just slow down a bit instead. :p :D

Travis C.
06-07-2013, 08:20 AM
What size tank do you use?

I still have to get one for my outboard I picked up for the Caney boat (I know tk... should have had one and it in the water by now).

browntrout
06-07-2013, 08:37 AM
What size tank do you use?

I still have to get one for my outboard I picked up for the Caney boat (I know tk... should have had one and it in the water by now).

I use a 3 gallon tank and I just bought a small 1 gallon tank in case I should run out.( Has never happened but its just makes me more comfortable knowing I have the reserve) My Honda sips fuel and normally 3 gallons will do me for 2 trips.

The bad thing with the flat floor in the Riverhawk everything slides around and there isn't much storage space. Hopefully this should fix that. Going to try it out hopefully Saturday on the Caney if they are pulling water.

browntrout
06-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Roy, I am going to send my overflow customers to you !!! By the way ... What's in the cooler ?? :) <'TK><

TK I have seen pics of your work, I don't even come close to what you do. You have a great skill, I just have a drill and some screws. Lol

Roy

Transplanted Sportsman
06-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Nice job...but....uh...everything was done to prevent sliding around maybe next time just slow down a bit instead. :p :D

Tell me about it!!, the time I went fishing with Roy to the Caney last winter, he made a very sharp turn while running wide open, he was messing with the livewell and let go of the tiller to plug the live well then we turned on a dime!!, it scare the crap out of me!!!, It was a fun trip none the less!!

Transplanted Sportsman
06-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Roy, you Riverhawk was a sweet ride already , no it is just donwright cool, I like the improvements;), how did you do for the cooler tiedowns?, did you drill on the sides into the fiberglass??, that is a very good idea!, I need to do that on my little Riverhawk for the milk crate I carry and tackle and dry boxes, holler at me one of these days I would love to take another trip to the Caney!

browntrout
06-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Tell me about it!!, the time I went fishing with Roy to the Caney last winter, he made a very sharp turn while running wide open, he was messing with the livewell and let go of the tiller to plug the live well then we turned on a dime!!, it scare the crap out of me!!!, It was a fun trip none the less!!

I still feel bad about that, that was just wrong. Lol. We will have to go again. I want to put you on some browns.

Roy

browntrout
06-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Roy, you Riverhawk was a sweet ride already , no it is just donwright cool, I like the improvements;), how did you do for the cooler tiedowns?, did you drill on the sides into the fiberglass??, that is a very good idea!, I need to do that on my little Riverhawk for the milk crate I carry and tackle and dry boxes, holler at me one of these days I would love to take another trip to the Caney!

Drilled a hole and then some big flat washers on the back to distribute the pressure. Works like a charm.

Roy

Reel Tune
06-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Great looking Riverhawk, whats it draft loaded?

Jeremy

commdd
06-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Nice!

browntrout
06-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Great looking Riverhawk, whats it draft loaded?

Jeremy

Jeremy,
They claim 5 to 6 inches but I am not sure of that. I like to have at least 1foot of water. I don't really use it for the shallow water since I just fish when the are generating. Taking it out to the White River in Arkansas week after next. That will be my first time to take it our there. I will be interested to see how it does out there.

Roy