PDA

View Full Version : New lake info

Transplanted Sportsman
06-06-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm planning to take my daughter on Saturday morning to pick cherries at Forgies fruit farm in Lewisburg, this is really close to New lake and I thought we could kill two birds with one stone, does anyone has any info on this little lake, what can be caught? any preferred bait/ lures? and if is there any good places to fish from the bank or piers, any info is appreciated!!
thanks!! TS

Alphahawk
06-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm planning to take my daughter on Saturday morning to pick cherries at Forgies fruit farm in Lewisburg, this is really close to New lake and I thought we could kill two birds with one stone, does anyone has any info on this little lake, what can be caught? any preferred bait/ lures? and if is there any good places to fish from the bank or piers, any info is appreciated!!
thanks!! TS

I used to fish it regular up until 2 years ago. It has some good Gills and Shell Crackers. It can get crowded on weekends and if the city has not mowed it can be tough fishing from the bank. Prisoners used to keep it mowed but I don't know now if they are back doing it. You will always be standing down hill if you fish from the bank. As the weather gets warmer the moss can get pretty bad.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
06-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Being from Lewisburg originally, I fished it many years ago and we caught some good eating cats. Fished it once last year from the bank and caught only two crappie in about an hour. It was very clean and mower all around. Could drive around most of it.

Transplanted Sportsman
06-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the advice gentlemen!, I will take my UL and a assortment of TM's for justa couple of hours after we pick cherries, need to be back to work before noon, hopefully we will catch a few so my daughter can have some fun!!