PDA

View Full Version : Free Fishing Day crowds

jad2t
06-06-2013, 09:03 AM
I'd like to take the kayak out to one of the Williamsport Lakes this Saturday, either that or take my wife with me and rent a john boat since it's free fishing day and maybe I'll get her to like fishing more if I let hear wear out bluegills all day on trout mags. Either way, I don't want to go if those small TWRA lakes tend to be elbow to elbow on this day. Has anyone experienced heavy pressure from this? I know there are all sorts of fishing events at other locations so I would think the Williamsport Lakes might be safe from the crowds but want to make sure before I make the drive. Don't want to have 3 lines already in the water everywhere I want to cast. Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Alphahawk
06-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I'd like to take the kayak out to one of the Williamsport Lakes this Saturday, either that or take my wife with me and rent a john boat since it's free fishing day and maybe I'll get her to like fishing more if I let hear wear out bluegills all day on trout mags. Either way, I don't want to go if those small TWRA lakes tend to be elbow to elbow on this day. Has anyone experienced heavy pressure from this? I know there are all sorts of fishing events at other locations so I would think the Williamsport Lakes might be safe from the crowds but want to make sure before I make the drive. Don't want to have 3 lines already in the water everywhere I want to cast. Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks.

You won't be able to park at either of those two lakes this free fishing day. They will be over run with folks.

Regards

jad2t
06-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Yea I saw your reply to the PM about it. Thanks for the heads up so I could avoid that drive and not be happy with what I find. I'm definitely fishing Saturday but I'll be taking the kayak to Priest. I'm sure it will be busy but not as crowded as a smaller lake would be.