PDA

View Full Version : Caney this Saturday

Brian37075
06-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Looked at the last couple days of water generation below Centerhill. It looks like 2 or more after 10:00 am seems like the norm. I'm wanting to go behind the rest area about 7:30 in the morning and try my luck. How many hours would you guess I would have before the 10:00 discharge brings the fishing to a stop. Would ask if their biting, but I just need to fish and if there biting that would be a plus. Boats been out of commission since March. Rebuilt EMM, new CPS and still not right. I guess Evinrude diagnostic software is next step.

Travis C.
06-06-2013, 07:49 AM
If they keep the the same schedule as today. The water should be feel out to low water again, the first generator should arrive around 9-930 (if its 1 gen no sluice) and the second bump from 2 or more gens at 10 am is hard to tell since the water is already flowing...maybe 11am..

I'd go to Bett'ys and you would give yourself until 10-1030 before the water from generation arrived. That is "if" the schedule is the same.

Brian37075
06-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks Travis, it looks like I going to try the Elk river instead. They show to just be sluicing. Never fished there. It looks like there are several access points on the TWRA website. Do you have any suggestions on trout fishing there?