PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Redfish

Gene G
06-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Just got back yesterday afternoon from a "whirlwind" fishing trip. I left home Wednesday morning and started in Memphis. I caught 49 largemouth bass in two days. I left from there Friday morning and went to Meridian, MS where I fished all day Friday and a couple of hours Saturday morning and caught a few small bass and a bunch of large bluegill. I left Meridian mid morning Saturday and headed to Venice, Louisiana to do some Redfish fishing Sunday morning. This was my first time fishing for Reds. I caught 10 Redfish in about 3 hours topped off by a huge 35 pounder!

Reel Tune
06-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Nice Reds Gene. Lousiana is one of my favorite places to fish. I've only been there once but it was epic. Last November went to Grand Isle, La and caught 3 Reds over 40 inches and the biggest being 44" in just a few hours. We fished the big water down there, but I heard you can catch 30 or more a day in the 20-27" on top water in the creeks. The food is amazing also. I would like to take another trip down there this fall so I can fish the big water and creeks.

Jeremy