PDA

View Full Version : Success on San Juan and Taylor River with Bison TM

tcintn
05-30-2013, 09:34 PM
05-27-2013, 06:31 PM
tcintn

I got to fish both the San Juan and Taylor. Never put on waders at San Juan and caught 89 trout.I used Bison mostly and every now and then would use Chartreuse in faster water.My intent was to see how Bison acted in slower or even no movement water. Everybody around me were catching stockers,but guys,95% of what I caught were in the 16-20" range.And when I put a bison colored Crappie magnet the Brown that hit it fought a brillant fight and won after around 30 seconds.I could not get it to stop stripping the line out or turn its head.It was a big fish.What I came away with is that in slower waters or no movement,Bison colored TM's are deadly and bigger fish attack it.
Around 10-12 fish on San Juan had anorthe persons line and hook in its mouth.Now concerning the Taylor.I have decided this will be my last trip there.In three hours at the bridge below the dam I only caught 6 trout and lost another two. All were caught on Bison even in moving water.One of the reasons for not returning is this place is so over fished.One of the trout I caught had 4 ,yes 4 hooks in its mouth.
Now to sell my camper and pick up another and then on to Moorre,Ok.
God is so good to us.
Randy I will be there soon and yes we will do some Bison TM fishing.
Thanks for all you have done.

Alphahawk
05-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Maybe the Caney will be wadeable when you get back.

Regards