PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Murfreesboro

thevalleyfisherman
05-30-2013, 12:33 PM
I am new to Murfreesboro and I was curious if anyone knew of any good spots to try...any help will be appreciated....I will be fishing from the bank.

MNfisher
05-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Welcome! There is a greenway that runs along the stones river. I have not fished it, but hear its good fishing or at least can be at times.

browntrout
05-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Stones River has lots of access points from Walter Hill, Murfreesboro, Leanna, Lascassas, and Woodbury. Also short drive to Percy Priest with lots of good bank fishing. Also once the generation stops only about a 45 minute drive to the Caney. You can fish from the bank or wade if you have waders. Hope this helps a little....... Also welcome to the forum. Lots of good info on here.

Roy

tsuggs
05-31-2013, 06:50 AM
I have better luck wetleggin the stones.Put on sum swimmin trunks grab sum tm's and tube jigs and fish sycamore root balls and small pools.You will catch alot of small fish but an occasional hoss!

bluecar
05-31-2013, 09:25 AM
I have better luck in lakes than in rivers, especially the stones river. Around the greenway, all I do is get hung up.

I'm going to try the some of the boat ramp areas around Jefferson Pike tomorrow morning.

Headhunter
05-31-2013, 09:43 AM
the stones aroud murfreesboro has lots of fish to catch. Great place to fish.

volandsmalliefan
05-31-2013, 12:08 PM
get you a map and download google earth. this county is full of good fishing opportunities. i grew up here and have fished the creeks around here all my life but i still from time to time stumble upon some new waters. that being said the greenway on the stones is a good place to start. tubes, grubs, small minnow crankbaits and tm's are hard to beat

Headhunter
05-31-2013, 12:38 PM
one of the absolute best baits in the stones around murfreesboro is a slider worm, irish whiskey color. 1/16 oz. slider head.

StriperFan
05-31-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm in the 'boro as well. I don't get to fish as much as I like, and don't catch as many fish as I would like when I do go, but sometimes have an opening in my boat if you'd be interested in filling the spot some time.

TLRMADE
05-31-2013, 08:40 PM
Go to the trail way by the lumber 84 shop. Walk down to the bank and fish under the bridge. Used to go there after class. Not too bad of a spot.