PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland River Fishing Report

tacklemake
05-29-2013, 11:39 AM
I got out yesterday with a new friend on the Cumberland river just below the dam at Old Hickory lake. It was a great day to be on the water with little to no winds in the early morning. We started fishing a ways down below the bridge on a mud bank. We were trying to catch some nice crappies using small spinners and jigs. It was hard fishing because two sets of barges came up though here before we got here and muddy up the waters. My friend Merv was catching some small bass and on his twister tail jig and I was getting some hit on my 1/8oz feather spinner bait but no takers so we started back checking different spots as we went with little to no luck. Once we got back on the other side of the bridge the fishing started to pick up. We fish a rock face shore line and was catching Kentucky bass and white bass in the 11/2 pound and 2 pound range after I change over to a 3/8oz feather spinner bait in all white and Merv was using his jigs and KVD crank baits. We found that the fish were right against the rock face hiding under a ledge. We were spotting a lot of 3 to 4 foot gars as we got closer to the dam. After the days fishing of about 51/2 hours we caught 6 Kentucky bass and 4 white bass..................woody

nofish
05-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the report. I think I'm going to do some catfishing below the dam tonight. I've been itching to pass the corps restricted buoys and go up to the dam so I think I'll get that out of my system tonight.