PDA

View Full Version : Normandy 5-28-2013

Alphahawk
05-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Caught about a dozen trout at Normandy this morning.....all of them between 13 and 14 inches..fat trout. They were caught on a Bison colored Trout Magnet. That is the good news. The bad news is the trout did not put up much of a fight. I could tell the water was quite a bit warmer since the last time I was there....not that long ago. It has been my experience when a 14 inch rainbow does not fight much the water is becoming too warm for them. I hope I am wrong as I usually fish for trout at Normandy all through June.

Regards

MNfisher
05-28-2013, 02:15 PM
I hope you are wrong about the trout! I wanted to go there next week! Did you catch any other species?

Alphahawk
05-28-2013, 02:34 PM
I hope you are wrong about the trout! I wanted to go there next week! Did you catch any other species?

I hope I'm wrong also. Caught some small crappie and small bluegill. I will keep you posted as I will be going back. Found out some info for you about Woods....fishing below the dam. You cant drive down as the road is closed off permanently. But you may walk down.....but man that is quite a walk and some big boulders.

Regards

Travis C.
05-28-2013, 04:52 PM
But you may walk down.....but man that is quite a walk and some big boulders.

Regards

No problem for Mike.... he's half mountain goat. :D

Transplanted Sportsman
05-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Alpha, I agree with you I think the water is very warm already, I was there yesterday, on lake side water temp was 75 deg, I fished around Carrol creek on the standing timber and the water had a very distinct green color and even a bit of a smell as if it was middle of summer and had not rained for a while, and as far as I remember mid June tipically was the end of the trout fishing below Normandy, as ussual my day sucked although i did loose a big fish, after a brief fight it wrapped around some branches and that was all she said!! oh well better luck next time, I was using TM's in various colors!! everybody and their brother in law was out there man I need a kayak!!