PDA

View Full Version : Caney Today.

browntrout
05-27-2013, 06:59 PM
I got to get out and enjoy the Caney for a while today. Could not have asked for a better day weather wise. Caught a few good trout and had one on that would have possibly been my largest ever. I was starting to get on the motor to start chasing him down the river and he pulled off.

Also noticed that the Corps had put buoys below the dam. I went above the buoy line just to say that I did.......

Travis C.
05-27-2013, 07:24 PM
About time... :D

That water sure looks good, I wish I was fishing it. Can't believe the buoys...on low water do they remove them or just let them sit on the bottom?? LOL

browntrout
05-27-2013, 07:46 PM
About time... :D

That water sure looks good, I wish I was fishing it. Can't believe the buoys...on low water do they remove them or just let them sit on the bottom?? LOL

I might get me one as a souvenir when they quit generating. It would look good next to my stop sign and parking meter.

Roy

MNfisher
05-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Great report! Congrats on a nice day on the river! I love that river, it can be so rewarding some days, yet SOOOO humbling and frustrating somedays!

spottedbass
05-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I was at Dale Hollow yesterday and had a good day catchng trout below the dam. The buoys are there also and they are just sitting on the bottom due to no generation.

Travis C.
05-28-2013, 09:06 AM
I was at Dale Hollow yesterday and had a good day catchng trout below the dam. The buoys are there also and they are just sitting on the bottom due to no generation.

Any size to the trout?

spottedbass
05-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Yes. I brought home 6 trout all over a 14". Caught some more smaller ones also. Caught all of them on powerbait.

Travis C.
05-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes. I brought home 6 trout all over a 14". Caught some more smaller ones also. Caught all of them on powerbait.

Nice. I was wondering how fishing has been up there.

Travis C.
05-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Okay so maybe I will wade next month...

Great Falls is still dropping the lake's water and above their seasonal operating guide (currently 5ft above last year this time). Center Hill still has probably 10ft to go before reasonable wading windows open as of now while Great Falls is dumping water.

:(

MNfisher
05-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Okay so maybe I will wade next month...

Great Falls is still dropping the lake's water and above their seasonal operating guide (currently 5ft above last year this time). Center Hill still has probably 10ft to go before reasonable wading windows open as of now while Great Falls is dumping water.

:(

I am hoping we might have some windows of wading by mid June. Thats if we get NO rain between now and then!