PDA

View Full Version : Williamspot 5-24-2013

Alphahawk
05-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Took the kayak out to Blue Cat. Enjoyed the day but caught nothing. Checked with every fisherman on the lake and all that was caught were some cats...at least while I was there. Ran into Doug Markham out there. He had nothing either. Myself...Doug....and a friend he had along discussed lack of Gills...where are they. Could blame it on the front but water temp is mid 70's. Those fish should be on bed. I paddled my lard butt off looking for those fish.....couldn't find them or they were not biting. Oh well....maybe will get into some Monday.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
05-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Is there any doubt that Alpha has reduced the population?

Alphahawk
05-24-2013, 08:10 PM
No danger of that.....I need to get on some fish. Am fishing Monday I think up in Station Camp Creek. Then will try Pickwick sometime later in the week.

Regards

Travis C.
05-25-2013, 07:52 AM
No danger of that.....I need to get on some fish. Am fishing Monday I think up in Station Camp Creek. Then will try Pickwick sometime later in the week.

Regards

Where you starting at in Station Camp?

Alphahawk
05-25-2013, 08:00 AM
Where you starting at in Station Camp?

Don't know...am leaving that up to my son. It has been 40 years since I fished there.

Regards

Travis C.
05-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Don't know...am leaving that up to my son. It has been 40 years since I fished there.

Regards

That's my home creek if you need anything. ;)

agelesssone
05-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Just got back from a coupla days fishing Ky. Lake for bass. Talked to a lot of people that were or had been fishing for bluegills/shell crackers/redears. Nobody was catching squat.
The corps had dropped the lake about four feet last week and the fish apparently pulled out of the bays and into deeper water or maybe the weather had them unsettled.

We were fishing a ledge off the main river channel and had a guy about 80 yds. from us catching a bass on nearly every cast. One time I watched him reel in two at a time on the same plug. Being a very nice guy, he slid over to us, invited us over to his spot, showed us the bait he was throwing and what depth to throw into. We accepted his invite and immediately started catch 1-3 lb. largemouths on nearly every cast. All fish were released.
Who says there aren't any "sportsmen" left in this world?

Travis C.
05-25-2013, 08:16 AM
We were fishing a ledge off the main river channel and had a guy about 80 yds. from us catching a bass on nearly every cast. One time I watched him reel in two at a time on the same plug. Being a very nice guy, he slid over to us, invited us over to his spot, showed us the bait he was throwing and what depth to throw into. We accepted his invite and immediately started catch 1-3 lb. largemouths on nearly every cast. All fish were released.
Who says there aren't any "sportsmen" left in this world?

That's pretty nice of him and sounds like fun. I will be up that way next week. Did he have you guys over a shell bed or just a ledge that water was pulling on?

Alphahawk
05-25-2013, 08:58 AM
That's my home creek if you need anything. ;)

Thanks...appreciate that. Just going to spend a day with my son...hope we catch fish though.

Regards

Rover1966
05-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Where is the access area for station camp? Would love to take my kayak out there.

Alphahawk
05-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Where is the access area for station camp? Would love to take my kayak out there.

My son and I will be in kayaks but I don't know yet where we will put in...but when I find out will let you know.

Regards