PDA

View Full Version : JPP/Long Hunter State Park

ttitan27
05-23-2013, 08:00 AM
I have noticed that there are lots of trails in Long Hunter State Park that run along the bank of JPP and was wondering if anyone has used these to fish some of these areas. I have a boat but sometimes still like to fish from the bank and it looks like this would be an excellent way to do it. Are bikes allowed on these trails as well? I have a mountain bike that would make it even easier. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Alphahawk
05-23-2013, 08:18 AM
I have noticed that there are lots of trails in Long Hunter State Park that run along the bank of JPP and was wondering if anyone has used these to fish some of these areas. I have a boat but sometimes still like to fish from the bank and it looks like this would be an excellent way to do it. Are bikes allowed on these trails as well? I have a mountain bike that would make it even easier. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

I did that a few years back. This time of year you could get some good Smallie action and I also used to get into some Black Perch there also. Don't know about bikes....but you could see a lot of wildlife there.

Regards

jimj3561
05-23-2013, 09:56 AM
I dont think the Volunteer Trail allows bikes - its a great trail. The trail around Couchville Lake doesnt allow bikes either. Bank fishing could be done at either. I've seen plenty of people in canoes and kayaks fishing on Couchville Lake too.