PDA

View Full Version : It's the Law !! <'TK>< /Rick D.

tkwalker
05-23-2013, 12:36 AM
As soon as Obama signs it – or he ignores it for 10 days. No Prez would dare veto a bill that costs the taxpayers nothing, is a $2 mil savings, and passed both houses of congress with unanimous consent.

Your forum participants did a great job. I was watching the congressmen as they spoke today (live streaming video), and more than one said they got a ton of input from the constituency. The squeaky wheel... --R--

jad2t
05-23-2013, 08:46 AM
I hope he signs it but don't get too excited yet. He's quite the fan of Government control so who knows what he'll do.

Travis C.
05-23-2013, 09:23 AM
I have a question TK or bd.

Once it goes into law, it becomes responsibility of the state agencies right? Does that then make it just as important to not allow the TWRA to get "sunset."

bd may know more of the legal jargon but that was my next wonder when it came to this topic. Hopefully once this commander is gone from Nashville it won't be an issue anymore.

jad2t
05-23-2013, 10:16 AM
As the language of the law being presented to Obama today is written, yes it appears that it prohibits any federal agency from restricting access. If this is the case, only a Tennessee state agency (like the TWRA) could do so but they've already stated their opposition to such a move.

Although I'm sure everyone disapproves of a couple laws enforced by TWRA, I don't think anyone needs to worry about them prohibiting us from fishing below dams.