PDA

View Full Version : A War Won for now ... <'TK><

tkwalker
05-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Folks ... First off Thank you for the members of this site for supporting this issue ... For most it was not one of great issue as far as fishing near River Dams ... For those that do ... Especially for full time Guides it was a Life altering threat ... But the main threat to all members of this site was the threat of Big Brother doing whatever and whenever without the consultation of the local Governments ... The Corps says to Hell with the State of KY and TN ... We will dictate policy!! ... Which went against every avenue of Government logistics and protocol ...

The following is a note sent in reply from Rick Duty to KY executives Wade White and Chris Lasher ... Doug Markham (TWRA) and the Great Members of FishingTN.com ... Folks "YOU DONE GOOD !!!!" and Thank You from the bottom of my Heart !! <'TK><

Now ...Ricks reply ...

For you two elected executives, your respective constituencies should be extremely proud and grateful that you represent them. Of all the tail-waters in question, Barkley carried the single most broad-based economic risk. Your dedication and tenacity should punctuate your next election campaign, at whatever level that may be. From your neighbors to the south, thank you for being that point-of the spear.

For a guy who rises in the pre-dawn darkness, Doug seemed to parlay his real job, into effective networking well into the night. You were the conduit that brought a lot of us together. From U.S. Senators, to the guy on the bank with his grandson; this was an extraordinary fight that exemplified the power of unified people on a common sense mission.

Brother Walker knows that I would not be a resident of Tennessee, were it not for the professional connection we made years ago when as a guide, he introduce us to the Cumberland’s Cordell Hull tail-waters. But in this engagement, it was his on-line fishing forum that amplified the outraged dissenting voices that were heard by so many Tennessee legislators, at State and Federal level.

As my last bit of work in this righteous absurdity, I’m going to send my thanks to every legislator who had a proactive hand in providing the Corps of Engineers with a reality check. But in the background, I’m still going to be poking around for a real reason for this fiasco to have been started, and sustained by the Corps, in the face of such overwhelming opposition and potential consequences.

Now, what the heck do I do with myself tomorrow?

--R--