PDA

View Full Version : OH after work.

TroutFiend
05-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Hit the Old Hickory today after work for an hour and a half. The crappie and gills were on fire! Caught 25 crappie and 30 gills in this amount of time never moving from 1 spot from the bank. Wish I had brought a stringer but I was in my work truck. All fish caught with orange, orange/ chartreuse TM twitched.

Travis C.
05-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Awesome. Magnets sure are fun to fish.

MNfisher
05-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Nice!! I need to fish OH more often, I never bank fished it.

TroutFiend
05-22-2013, 09:48 PM
I never have fished those TM colors before after a few years of fishing the TM. Maybe they would have hit any color? I just had one of the orange/chartreuse they were tearin up in my small Plano box and it got eaten I panicked and threw on the solid orange and they continued bitin.

creekcrappie
05-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Old Hickory is awesome. Are the crappies still spawning? The worst part of using the last trout magnet of any color that they are biting is having to reach around in the fish's mouth/throat to retrieve your loose trout magnet! Yuck!

Alphahawk
05-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Beautiful fish..looks like you had a ball.

Regards

Alphahawk
05-22-2013, 10:15 PM
I never have fished those TM colors before after a few years of fishing the TM. Maybe they would have hit any color? I just had one of the orange/chartreuse they were tearin up in my small Plano box and it got eaten I panicked and threw on the solid orange and they continued bitin.

Let me share a story about colors. About 4 or 5 years ago I was fishing the Caney. I had fished for over 4 hours and had not caught a single fish. I started going through my colors......went though all the colors I had and caught nothing. Then it hit me that I had a color in my car that I had bought for a trip to east TN. I put on a brown TM and on first cast caught a chunky Gill.....same with the next 10 casts. Then it hit me I had been casting to the same place with the other colors and caught nothing. Decided to try a theory out and see if color mattered. Put on several different colors and caught nothing...put the brown back on and went back to catching a Gill on every cast. Surely a bluegill could not be sensitive to color. So put on a few other colors and each cast came up with nothing....back to brown and back to catching Gills. The moral to that story is try it all when nothing is working...color...retrieve rate...anything. IMHO color does matter at times.

Regards

Adrian
05-22-2013, 10:23 PM
I give up, I'll try the Trout Magnet. Where can you actually drive and pick some up? Seems walmart in Gallatin & Hendersonville don't carry them.

CRobinson1985
05-22-2013, 11:24 PM
I give up, I'll try the Trout Magnet. Where can you actually drive and pick some up? Seems walmart in Gallatin & Hendersonville don't carry them.

Academy, Bass Pro, Dick's all carry them. Some stores have specific colors that can only be bought there.

Travis C.
05-23-2013, 07:05 AM

Wal-mart tried to carry them in White House but the quickly ended up in the discount bin for a $1 a pack (9pcs peg hook pack).

tacklemake
05-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Look on ebay...........woody

Jdkxtreme
05-24-2013, 07:24 AM

Poindexters in gallatin.

Alphahawk
05-24-2013, 07:41 AM
If you order from the website you will get them in 3 or 4 days...and five dollar shipping no matter how big the order. Best to call and place order over phone

Regards