PDA

View Full Version : Jpp 5/22

CRobinson1985
05-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Spent 3 hours on the bank and caught more than 30 bluegill, 1 small mouth and a small catfish all on the white trout magnet with the twitch method. Several of the gills were good size and the coloring on them was amazing.

MNfisher
05-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Great trip! I need to venture to more JPP bank spots. Only fished a few.

Travis C.
05-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Sounds like fishing everywhere is starting to bust loose!

jad2t
05-22-2013, 09:26 PM
I fished Priest tonight too from the kayak and man the panfish are in full effect!! Almost every single cast with the plastic worm and I could feel them tugging on it, I'd set the hook and have nothing there. They were a nuisance. I did catch a few nice sized bass though and even a catfish on the plastic worm (a first for me). It was a 3-4lb flathead and on 4lb test gave me a fun fight!

Im going back tomorrow afternoon and bringing my flyrod, I'm gonna wear those gills out!

Alphahawk
05-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Good deal! Glad you guys are catching fish.

Regards

MNfisher
05-22-2013, 10:25 PM
and on 4lb test gave me a fun fight!

Jimmy, do you always fish a plastic worm with 4 lb test?

jad2t
05-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Jimmy, do you always fish a plastic worm with 4 lb test?

Sometimes 6lb but often I rig up the ZOOM finesse worms with a 1/8oz charlie brewer slider jighead on my ultralight with 4lb. Catching decent sized bass on that setup is a blast. Last night I just so happened to have a bigger worm on it and surprisingly got that flathead.

Everyone has one or two methods that they are better at catching fish with than anything else and mine is definitely plastic worms for bass. You'll never see me bass fishing without one of my rods rigged with one.

MNfisher
05-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Everyone has one or two methods that they are better at catching fish with than anything else and mine is definitely plastic worms for bass. You'll never see me bass fishing without one of my rods rigged with one.

I used to also only use a plastic worm...power worm in red shad, tequila sunrise, or June bug Texas rigged when I used to bass fish in MN. I miss that, I should get back into it

chaseasl
05-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Sounds like a fun day

agelesssone
05-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Fished KY lake (Leatherwood Resort area) and caught a boatload of 2-3 lb. bass on KVD 5's (chartreuse w/blue back) and purple worms fished carolina rigged.