PDA

View Full Version : Normandy 5-21-2013

Alphahawk
05-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Went back to Normandy today. Only got to spend a little less than two hours there...had to get back and walk girl friends dog..^*&>#. No Gils today but had about 40 trout. Just a lot of fun. Used Bison Trout Magnet.

Regards

MNfisher
05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Great job! Wonder where the gills went?

Alphahawk
05-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Great job! Wonder where the gills went?

I don't know where they went...but I will be going back to try to find them. You know if we can still put a kayak in the Pond we could get some of those chunky Gills and trout. I don't think any buoys are below Center Hill yet.

Regards

MNfisher
05-21-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't know where they went...but I will be going back to try to find them. You know if we can still put a kayak in the Pond we could get some of those chunky Gills and trout. I don't think any buoys are below Center Hill yet.

Regards

There are no buoys there, but the sluice, atleast on Sunday, was still putting out LOTS of water, the pond area is no place for a kayak as of now! I see they are slowing water flow though, it may be off.

Transplanted Sportsman
05-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Good deal Alpha, those are nice trout!!, do you eat those rainbows?? if so how do you fix them??

Alphahawk
05-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Good deal Alpha, those are nice trout!!, do you eat those rainbows?? if so how do you fix them??

Thanks....No I made the mistake of eating trout with the skin on the first time I ever tried one. All that oil started coming up about 10:00 PM. I tasted that trout all night long. Everyone tells me just to take the skin off and it is a different fish.....just haven't tried it yet.

Regards

Travis C.
05-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Nice job, I haven't caught a trout in what seems like forever.

Transplanted Sportsman
05-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I always release all my Trout but I keep on hearing people saying they are really good grilled, to me they have just too much bone to mess with!!

creekcrappie
05-22-2013, 04:38 PM
They really are good grilled if you put bacon and onions in it. Just don't eat the bacon if its not fully cooked!

Transplanted Sportsman
05-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks CC, will try that soon I hope!!